Chapter 5

“John, I'm so sorry what Marty did to you?” Natalie apologized.  

“Don't worry, Natalie.” John assured her.  “I'll get the twins.  Marty won't win.  Soon Patrick and Cheyenne will be back in our home, playing with Liam.”

Natalie kissed John.  “I know they will be.  Liam is just love having his brother and sister around.”

Meanwhile in Los Angeles. . . .

“Marty, I want to praise you for your cool collective behavior when your ex came and threatened to take your children away.”

“Thank you Ridge.” Marty said, gratefully.  “I don't want to seem unstable.  I know John will try to prove that I am.”

“Well, you're a remarkable woman to risk coming out to Los Angeles for a new job in the middle of a custody battle.” Ridge praised.

“Well, I have to provide for my children.” Marty reasoned.  “Any court should be able to see that.”

“Well, I won't argue with that one.” Ridge agreed.  “By the way, do you have your sketches?”

Marty pulled out her sketchpad full of her drawings.

“These are really good.” Ridge said, flipping through Marty's sketchpad.  “Can I show these to my father?”

“Yes you can.” Marty said.  “I was a little unsure what you would think.”

“Don't be.” Ridge assured her.  “These are excellent.”

Marty dropped her pencil and as she stooped down to pick it up, Ridge did to.  As they came back up, they ended up in a kiss, but Marty felt guilty about it and quickly backed off.

“I think you better go, Ridge.” Marty said, feeling guilty.

“Ah, yes.” Ridge agreed, but still wanted more.  “I'll just go show these sketches to dad.”

After Ridge left, Marty couldn't help but enjoy the kiss between them.  But logic told her not to get involved with him.  Ridge was with Caroline and John would for sure use that to gain custody of the twins.  A relationship with Ridge wasn't the best move.  Marty had to keep her distance from Ridge.