Chapter 1

"I'm going to miss you mom." Cole Thornhart says, giving Marty Saybrooke a hug as he and his wife, Starr Manning Thornhart see her and his siblings off for her new job in Los Angeles at Forrester Creations.

"You take care of Cheyenne and Patrick as well as yourself." Starr says giving her a hug, as Cole is entertaining his brother and sister.

Marty hated to leave Cole and Starr and their daughter Hope now that Cole was exonerated for Eli Clarke's murder.  But she couldn't stay in Llanview after John McBain cheated on her with his ex, Natalie Buchanan.  

When Forrester Creations creator, Eric Forrester called about her submitted designs, and hired her on the spot, Marty decided to accept with a little nudging from Cole and Starr. 

Marty took Cheyenne and Patrick's hands as the final boarding call for Los Angeles announced its departure.  After saying a tearful goodbye to Starr, Cole and Hope, Marty boarded the plane with the twins, bidding Llanview goodbye.

Meanwhile,

"I need to seek sole custody of my twins, Cheyenne Margaret and Patrick Michael?" John McBain asked his attorney.

"What do you want the grounds to be, Mr. McBain?" John's attorney asked him.

"On the grounds that Marty Saybrooke is mentally unstable to provide for my children." John said, firmly.  "I am newly married to Natalie Buchanan and believe the two of us could provide better home for them."

"I will get started on the custody proceedings." John's attorney tells him.  "Just don't do anything that could jeopardize your chances."

"Thanks for the advice." John says.

"I will let you know what you need to do next." John's attorney says.

Leaving his attorney's office, John puts in a call to Natalie, "It's done!  Custody for Patrick and Cheyenne is started.  Marty won't know what hit her!"