Chapter Thirty-Five: Walls Start Cracking

Marinette POV: Sunday, May 17th, 2024

I scrambled to get away from Joker, but I fell to my knees before I could make it far, they scrapped against the cold concrete floor. 

"Please-please don't!" He was walking towards me with a knife. A very sharp knife. 

Maybe I can fight him off. Maybe I can escape. 

I rush toward him. He sidesteps me but I catch onto his collar and bang his head against the brick wall behind him. He hisses, but I don't let go of him. I throw him onto the floor, then run down the hallway, away from him and away from this creepy place. 

Sadly I don't make it far. One of his goons traps me, and no matter how hard I fight against him, I can't escape. I can't even reach my yo-yo to attempt to swing out of here. 

I was stuck here. Stuck with a psycho and his goons. 

                                                                                             0000

Monday, May 18th, 2024

"You intrigue me." Joker walks around the chair I'm strapped in, a gun spinning around his finger as he paces.

I swallow, my mouth dry from lack of water. "I'm not that interesting." My voice already sounds weak. 

"Funny." He laughs his creepy, slow laugh. "Uninteresting people generally don't say that." He shoots a bullet across the room, leaving a hole in the wall. I flinch at the sound and thank God that it wasn't me he shot. 

I needed to get out of here, I needed a plan. One much better than the last one. I glance around the room, looking for any exit other than the one directly in front of me. 

A hand grabs my face and jerks my head towards the right. I look up into the pale face of Joker, he was smiling again, showing the world his yellow teeth. His green hair was greasy and sweaty, his breath stunk, and so did everything else about him. 

"Where are the rest of the animal gods?" 

 Cerise must have told him about the Kwami's. This was bad, very, very bad. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

He pulls a knife from his pocket and stabs it in my thigh. I scream in pain. The sound echoing around me, mocking me. He laughs, non-stop, only taking a breath in between to ask the same question. 

I give him the same answer. He didn't like that. He continued to stab me each time I didn't give him the answer he wanted. 

I am the guardian of the miracle box and even though all the miraculous were destroyed, I was still the guardian of the Kwami's. I will protect them until my last breath. 

 Once he was tired of me, or was too exhausted to continue, I was left with four stab wounds in each leg, one through both of my hands, two in my shoulders, and a couple in my stomach. 

I was t going to die though. The suit was already healing my wounds. 

                                                                                          0000

Wednesday, May 20th, 2024

In the dark, in the silence, we were alone. No prying eyes or judgement, no names spoken or words to break our trance. It was wrong to be here.