"Lyz?" Ryan calls me, we had gotten closer over the season and I could co confidently say she was my best friend on the team. I glance over at the girl, the libero smiling at me. "We got this."

I smile back, my hand coming up to rest against where my necklace would lay if I hadn't given it to my girlfriend for safe keeping.

I still had minor headaches from my injury before but nothing too major that would stop me from playing or anything, a few advice and I'd be good as new. And I'm glad that I decided to take some despite not having one before the game because with the crowd being as loud as it was and the bright lights, I most definitely would have gotten one.

Ryan takes her place at the service line, throwing the ball in the air with her right hand, approaching and then smacking it into a serve. The top spin of the ball making it fall quickly ok the other side of the net before any of the other players could return it. It was Ryan's first time doing it in game but a task that our coach had always made her practice during practice, a secret weapon she liked to call it

The crowd erupted into cheers at the sight of Ryan scoring the first point, as well as the flashy new serve. I grin back at her as Ryan grabs the ball, heading back to serve again.

The game continues like that for a while, us scoring a few points with Stanford right behind and returning the same points we had scored on them. We had won the first set, they had won the next two then us the forth and we were currently in our fifth set.

In the fourth set however, Stanford's setter had crashed into their middle resulting in the setter twisting her an ankle and having to get subbed out, giving us the advantage, but I also had my eyes on Ryan for the last set. The blonde had been breathing heavily and trying to cover it up as just the tiredness from the game, but she was probably one of the best if not best in shape girls on our team, something wasn't right.

"Ryan do you need a break? I can switch with you, we can get coach to sub you out." I ask, moving to put a hand on the girl's shoulder during one of Stanfords time outs. It was fifth set, 7-5 with us down by two.

Ryan shook her head at me, grabbing a towel to wipe her face and neck before putting it on the back of a chair. "We need you in the front row right now, I'll be fine." My eyes stay on her, watching as when she turns away to try and walk away from the dispursing huddle, she stumbles, causing for me to instantly go up to her, putting a hand on her side to steady her.

"Coach!" I call out, feeling the girl weakly trying to push me off but failing, her hands clammy. Ryan starts to slump against me a bit more and I bring up a head to her forehead, the other burning up.

"We need a medical time out, right now." I tell Jess, the girl running to the scoring table as I sit Ryan down on the bench. Our coach and trainers coming over.

"What's wrong?" Kimball, our coach asks as she makes her way over, seeing me sitting Ryan down.

"She's sick, and she's running a fever. And she's having trouble standing up right now I had to help her over here." I answer, moving to grab one of the clean towels, pouring some of my ice water into it before laying it around Ryan's neck.

"I can take her spot, she can't continue to play like this Coach." I state, looking at the taller female who glances at Ryan before back at me and nodding.

"Suit up then, change jerseys and quick." She states causing me to jog off back into the locker room as she directs our athletic staff to tend to Ryan as well.