Night time.

It's night time when I awake to the sound of the front door opening. I almost jump out of bed knowing Tim will finally be home. The way long hours of our shifts are hard but it's all worth it when he's back in my arms, when his clutch is in my reach. "Tim" I whisper, knowing Tamara is fast asleep. "Luce" his voice returns the call, echoing my name in at a similar volume. My chest pounds into his as I force myself into his arms, smiling at the way he instantly wrapped them around me. 

Finally, I pull away. It's not easy, we haven't seen eachother in three days. I have a list of things to tell him, sitting in the notes app on my phone so I don't forget but that can wait. "Everything okay?" I ask, my hazel eyes glaring into his ocean ones. "Yes." He must have more to say because his mouth is still slightly open, the words must be sitting on his tongue. "I didn't think I could miss you this much." An exasperated laugh escapes him before I smile and sigh. "I knew I could, I just didn't think i would." I say before gently pulling him into our room.

The lock clicks, and I watch him move to the bathroom wishing he didn't have to leave but a man's gotta pee. Instead, i peel off my socks throwing them into the laundry basket and throw on my hoodie which is piled beside me. Slowly, i wander to the bedroom window soaking up the cool breeze as i open the curtains

Starts scatter the deep blue sky, the only contrast being the silhouettes of LA and its city lights. You'd think I'd get used to it, the way it's always so pretty at night. But I will always come back here, as I wait for my boy to come watch the sparkling moon and its stars with me.  "Still not as beautiful as you." His low voice breaking the silence. If this was anyone else I'd laugh at the cheesiness, at the way he says it every night but I don't. I just reach one hand being me and pull it forward when I feel his warmth inside my grasp. 

"Do you think it's as pretty from up there?" Only my finger confirms I'm talking about the moon. "Probably, but only if you were there." And this time I laugh but not for the same reasons. I laugh because I am so grateful, so proud and so utterly loved. "Maybe I'll be an astronaut next." My voice has a hint of sass with it causing him to chuckle.

"I love you" his lips pull apart, but I continue before he can say it back. "I love our night time's."

Hiii! This one's just a quick one but I thought it was only fair to post 2 today. I hope you're having a great day, and I hope you also get a chance to admire the stars tonight. As always feel free to send any requests xx