They've always been incredibly generous toward me specifically, while it was never a part of the foundation, they gave me money as a gift pretty often, they paid for my extracurriculars, they wrote the check to enroll me to the school with Jess and Chase before I moved to New York. It made me wonder how much they assumed I was dealing with at home. I don't think they suspected abuse, and while they had the tact t not make it a charity case, I felt cared for by them, and I'll never be able to repay them for that.

"I would love that." 

Jess grabs my hands squealing excitedly, "It'll be amazing!"

Vittorio glances at his phone, "We should get going, we're picking up her other friend and his mother is expecting us in a bit."

"Ah yes, tell Diane I've said hello, we've missed her," Mrs. Lawson says.

"Pleasure meeting you," Mr. Lawson says, shaking Mateo and Vittorio's hands.

And then we're off with Jess in tow now.

"Couldn't he have just came to Jessica's house and we picked them both up at the same time?" Mateo says.

"Chase couldn't get out of the house for some reason," Jess says as we park outside the large house. 'The Emory Estate' or so it's called has been in Ms. Emory's family for a while, it's big and it looks old but sophisticated. It's a beautiful home with lots of antique details.

I knock on the door and Chase answers almost immediately, he looks frustrated, "Beware."

"Chase," I hear someone call, "Come back!"

I frown, "Is that Ava?"

He huffs, "The one and only."

When she walks out, somehow she's exactly as I remember, "Hi, Ava."

She smiles, "Oh, hey Maddie. Welcome back," She turns toward Chase and frowns, "Don't tell me you're seeing other people."

Chase lights up at the opportunity, "Yes! Yes, sorry I didn't tell you. I'm dating Maddie."

"What?! No, he's not," I say quickly.

"Er...Jess, I meant Jess," He tries to save.

"No," Jess says firmly, but she thinks quick, pulling Mateo forward and I help her, practically shoving Mateo into Chase. I won't take the fall, but I'll help Chase out, "He's dating Mateo."

"Him?" Ava sneers.

I don't remember her being this much of a bitch. "Yeah, well you're enough to make any guy gay, so I guess so."

"You talk too much," She says to me angrily.

But Mateo is offended by the first comment though, "What do you mean 'him'?!" He says offended-like.

"Mateo, don't," Vittorio sighs resignedly, already aware of the drama Mateo intends to brew.

"I mean, what do you have that I don't?! And who do you think you are? You don't even know Chase. Otherwise, I'd have seen you before. And not to mention your face leaves much to be desired," Ava says.

"That's ironic. Have you ever seen Peter Pettigrew?" Mateo asks, cocking his head to the side.

Jess snorts, Vittorio smacks Mateo in the back of the head, "Ow! I was only saying!" Mateo protests, rubbing his head.

"Don't be rude," Vittorio scolds.

Ava is fuming, "You can't fool me that easily. I'll see you tomorrow, Chase."

She stomps out of the house, "Well she's pleasant," I say.

"Madison, is that you?"

I hear the clicking of high heels enter the foyer, and Ms. Emory walks in, her blonde-white is cropped and curled at shoulder length, her serious expression is enhanced by her makeup.