The Power House

Dr. Arch suggested that Pratik might be hallucinating due to the effects of those drugs," he added. "Don't worry about him; he'll be alright in no time. He just needs some rest," Sanik said with a deep breath, visibly relieved.

"He's the guy! He's the one I saw!" Pratik suddenly shouted, waking up from his sleep. "The guy at the sea shore!" he pointed excitedly at the television screen.

The news reporter continued, "A 25-year-old was found dead at the power house near the sea shore of Gnarl Town. Forensics determine the body to be at least 2 months old." But before we could hear the complete news, Sanik erupted again, his voice booming in the confined space of the room.

"Pratik, we need to go to that hospital and find that doctor. Please, just take some rest here," he urged, concern evident in his voice. Then, turning to me, he abruptly asked, "By the way, what's your name?"

"I'm Doctor... I mean, Draco," I replied tentatively. "Yeah, my name is Draco. I'm a researcher. I came here to ask Pratik about..."

"Enough of your introduction," Sanik interrupted brusquely. "Let's go to that hospital and check. I can't leave some unknown guy with my brother in this condition." He cut my words off, his tone was harsh and accusing. (he is so rude, I should not open my mouth next time, he doesn't give respect to others, I hate this guy)

"There was no doctor, Sanik. I think I was imagining things," Pratik interjected calmly.

"Just because I said you're hallucinating doesn't mean you have to accept it, Pratik," Dr. Arch chimed in. "Please, take some rest for now. You'll be alright tomorrow." But Pratik insisted, pointing towards the TV screen again, "No, the doctor who I think gave these medicines looks like the boy in the news, now that I see his face clearly."

"Shut down the damn TV now!" Sanik roared suddenly, his voice filling the room. Then, softer, he added, "Please, let my brother rest."

Dr. Arch turned to me, his brow furrowed in thought. "Draco, was it? Your name, I mean," he asked.

"Yes, that's right," I confirmed.

"Dr. Acho was the name of that doctor who went missing," Dr. Arch continued. "He was the best surgeon at the Hospital Orchestra, which is near the sea shore. However, I never saw him. But I remember his name from some of my medical students. Our names were somewhat similar, and our signatures almost look the same."( Wouldn't it be true for all the doctors, they just scribble that only doctors can understand)

I nodded, uncertain of what to make of this revelation. "But he was one of the greatest doctors I have ever known. I can't believe someone of that stature would do something like that," Dr. Arch mused.

"What do you mean? Something like what?" I pressed for more information, but Dr. Arch replied cryptically, "Never mind."

Before we knew it, Pratik had fallen into a deep sleep, his loud snores filling the room. We both decide to sleep at the College today with Pratik, as it already got dark, and Sanik was now less interested to go to hospital, I think he also started believing his brother was hallucinating, which he confirmed with "We should take rest, there may not be any doctor now, anyway" in a calm tone.

I made myself a pillow out of my bag, and relaxed their on the floor with the bag pillow under my neck, random thoughts in my mind running to and fro, couldn't focus on them and started going into sleep, just at that moment, someone started poking me, it was Sanik, lights were off, Dr.Arch has already left, some of the college staff present there too are in deep sleep.

"Let's go, hurry up", whispered Sanik. He was looking too scary in that dull lighting. He wouldn't let me talk anyway, so I just followed him. We jump out of the window in watchman's room as the gate was locked and too high to climb up, watchman was making his rounds with a torch in his hands far away from us, we managed to get out of that college without making a single sound.

Now that we are out of the college, I risk asking him again, "Where are we going?", to my surprise he didn't shout and replied calmly "we are going to that power house, we can find that boy and ask him". I reply "but he is dead, how are you planning on asking him", "we will investigate there, may be we will find that doctor there, "Dr. Acho you mean?" I asked, "No, the doctor who gave my brother those bad drugs" he whispered back.

At the Power House, which is near the sea shore, it was actually a nuclear power house, but most of the people at Gnarl, think it's a Hydra Power Plant, there were too many police and media people, police sealed the place, it was too hard for us to get into, I look nearby to find something useful, and we find one boy running towards the police at the crime scene, Sanik stops him and asks why are you in a hurry?, I also ask the boy why you want to go to the police.

The boy replied "I have something to report to the police, it was 2 months ago, when I slept in the sand that night, when some man was running with blood on his shirt". Sanik pressed that boy more hard, the boy cried "Ahh!, it's painful, leave me". I suggested Sanik to leave him. Miraculously he listened to me and let the boy go, I remembered and asked Sanik didn't Pratik told he saw the body and ran towards the hospital, which the boy showed running towards?, Sanik started running towards the boy, I also run behind him.

After chasing the boy from both sides, we manage to get a hold of him, Sanik this time didn't listen to me and grabbed the boy with his arms, and we went into the Power House with the boy from the Sea Side of the Power House, we find some basement like structure, may be a parking, and go to the place inside, surprisingly there was no seal for that area, and police and media were however at the beach side of the power house, we managed to get into it without anyone seeing us, at least that is what we thought.