Chapter 11: The names Meggy... Meggy Spletzer

~ 8:00 A.M ~

"Yes? It's me?"

Tari stared at what seemed to be her old friend. She blinked. Theirs no way. My mind must be playing tricks on me again.
She blinked again.
"Do you got something in your eye?" There was a spark of humour in the girl's tone as her eyes lit up. The light immediately died out when she noticed that Tari didn't reciprocate her humour. "Tari, are you alright? It looks as if you died, came back to life, and then died again." Meggy's face grimaced slightly. "You look miserable!"
"How..." Was the only word that Tari could mutter. "How are you here... why are you..."
Meggy noticed that Tari's face suddenly turned pale.
"Tari?!" Meggy's eyes shot wide. "Are you okay?! You look like you're about to-"

"MEGGY THE GARGANTUA!" Tari immediately stumbled frantically in the opposite direction, falling backwards on her bottom and hitting one of the drawers.
Meggy's jaw dropped. "TARI!" Running towards her friend, Meggy kneeled down to inspect her. But Tari was shuffling away, terrified. "GET AWAY FROM ME! M-MONSTER!"
"Monster?" Meggy echoed in disbelief. She shook her head. "Tari, what has gotten into you?!"
"P-please don't hurt me..."
"Hurt you?" Meggy sounded offended now. "What in the world are you on about?"
Tari didn't reply. She made herself look smaller by curling up into an odd shaped ball.
Meggy blinked, suddenly becoming sympathetic. "Do you wanna talk about it...?"
Tari slightly peeped her head from her hunched shoulders. "T-tl-talk about what..?.."
Meggy raised her eyebrow. "Your nightmare?"
What nightmare? Everything that had just happened, everything about Meggy the Gargantua was real! What nightmare was she talking about?
  Before Tari could reply out loud, Meggy was already shuffling closer to her. "You can tell me anything, Tari. I'm your best friend..." Meggy reached out to touch Tari's shoulder, but she flinched away. Meggy's pupils dilated for a moment. "Tari, if it was that bad..."
"Just go away!" Tari's voice cracked. "I know you're only here to kill me...!"
Meggy's eyes widened, almost in astonishment. "Kill you?"
"You already killed Saiko and SMG4! YoU aiN't fOoLiNg mE!"
For a moment, Tari could actually see Meggy smile. "Girl, what are you talking about?" She was giggling now.
"It's not funny!" Tari snapped, whirling her head back around to face the... giant again?
Meggy stood up. "I know, I know. I'm sorry. It's just.... baHAHAHAHA!" She fell to the floor again, kicking her feet in the air, hugging her stomach.
Tari should've been offended, but she couldn't help but notice that Meggy seemed... smaller. Like... smaller than she should've been. Even she was taller than her now!
She was back to her normal height again! But...
Tari scrunched up her face.
Meggy was already wiping the tears from her eyes. "Ooh man Tari. That was a great one. 'You already killed Saiko and SMG4,'" She mimicked. "Imagine that!" She hung her arm around Tari's shoulder. Tari flinched again but didn't make any attempt to move. "Look girl, the next time you have a nonsensical dream like that, go to a comedy club. I bet you'd be crowned funniest comedian!"
Tari was taken aback by Meggy's carelessness. "It wasn't a dream!" Tari snapped. "It was real!"
Meggy narrowed her eyes. "Really? Because the last I checked, SMG4 and Saiko were just fine? The last I've seen them, they were still outside?"
Tari blinked. "What...?" Tari immediately found herself rushing out of her room and towards the front door. Her whole world felt dark for a moment when she felt Meggy's eyes glued onto her in a very unsettling way, but once Tari actually flung the doors open, she saw that the town was bustling with excitement and cheer.
Everybody was walking around, greeting one another. In the distance, she saw Axol dip his head to Desti before walking inside of the saloon.
Aren't they supposed to be...
"Hello, Tari!"
Tari jumped.
In front of her, stood Bowser and SMG2. "Nice day, isn't it?"
Tari's jaw gaped open. They're... nice to me? They aren't running away?
Bowser and SMG2 dipped their heads to Tari before walking off. What is going on...?
"OI! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF THAT!"
No. Theirs no way! That voice... I recognize it...
Tari whirled her head towards the commotion.
It was SMG3!
"What? Are you scared I might read it out loud to the whole town~?" That was SMG4.
"WHAT?! NO! I JUST-- I JUST- GIVE ME BACK MY NOTEBOOK, YOU BAKA!!" Throwing himself on top of the meme guardian, they both wrestled on top of the sandy ground, screeching playfully.
How was that possible...? SMG4 was shot... and SMG3 killed himself? They were both supposed to be DEAD!
"Yo." Tari didn't jump this time when somebody else had come to her attention. She looked up.
It was Saiko. And Kaizo was right beside her. "How's it going?" She asked.
Tari stared at the tall woman with eyes that almost bulged out of her head.
Saiko must of noticed this, because she asked. "Are you alright?"
Tari suddenly found herself hyperventilating.
"Tari, are you good?" Saiko's voice became laced with panic.
"She's fine, I'm sure." Kaizo was the one who spoke. "She probably had too much coffee this morning-"
"AGGGHHH!!!" Tari pulled her hair and ran off in a panic.
Kaizo blinked, then scoffed. "How rude! So we just go around screaming in peoples faces now?" 
Saiko blinked a concern but didn't say anything.
They both walked off.