Chapter - 13

Today, like always, Rimuru found himself thinking about a certain black-haired girl, a child. Since their first meeting a month ago, she has fascinated him. She has occupied all of his mind and his every thought, like a sweet whisper of the devil; her voice keeps lingering inside his head, his core (heart). It was strange, but Rimuru was not annoyed by it. On the other hand, he found himself enjoying thinking about her. Inside his 'imaginary space' Rimuru was leisurely sitting on the chair while sipping his tea, enjoying himself to the fullest. The grass was swinging in the wind, and as the soft breeze passed by, Rimuru gently caressed his cheeks. His golden eyes shone with glee as he took another sip from the cup, but all his attention was on a girl far from him, running in a field. She was also enjoying the rare resting time that she was allowed to have. Rimuru's gaze, which was like that of a bored person, showed a gentle look.

"Finally, she is free again. I can't believe Leon has only allowed her to play for three hours in a damn week."

Rimuru muttered to himself in a little frustrated tone. He was complaining, and yet his eyes were smiling, not very serious about the things he just said. Ciel, who was also listening to her Lord's complaints, just rolled her eyes.

《Master, if you want to visit her, just do so. It will not change the future much anyway. 》

Eh? No, I'm fine. Rimuru replied nonchalantly without even thinking about it. Fufufu, Ciel-San, you don't even know the pleasure of waiting. He thought to himself and started to watch the black-haired child.

《Whatever. 》

Rimuru, who was busy watching little Shizue play all by herself, didn't say much and continued to ignore her. He can talk with her later, but Shizue will leave only after three hours. He was a little interested in the person who was his future destined one, the one whoes anger and promises along with her power that he inheated in the previous timeline. So, a month ago, he decided to give her a little but secret visit.

They only talked about her for a while, but her existence fascinated him like no one else.

He got enchanted by her soul... A soul so pure that he found himself keeping thinking about her.

And finally, after thinking about it for a long time and discussing it with Ciel, he decided to visit her again.

"Yo! It's been a while."

Rimuru said it in a casual voice, rather than as a demon lord or a true dragon. He found himself talking with her as a human, without any arrogance or formalities. It's like two old friends have met again after a long time.

Shizue, who heard his voice, was a little starlet at first, but soon after she recognized his voice, she remembered the kind voice that she met nearly a month ago when she was at her lowest.

"Aah! It's you! The angel"

Her eyes lit up, and she replied excitedly. In this lonely and unknown world, this voice is the only source of her comfort. Her friend and her guardian angel. On the other hand, Rimuru's eyes twitched lightly as he heard the last part, but he chose to ignore it. as the fantasy of a child.

"I told you last time. I'm a demon lord, and my name is Rimuru Tempest."

Rimuru said he was a little dissatisfied and appeared in front of little Shizue in his slime form. He was about to appear in his human form, but after hearing the word 'angel, he decided against it. He was sure that it would be close to impossible to make Shizue believe that he was a demon lord and not an angel if she saw his human form. It is regretful, but it is true.

"Wow. So cute! A slime."

Shizue, who was just a little child and prone to liking cute things, was unable to resist the cute figure of Rimuru and instantly hugged him with her small arms.