Chapter - 12

I haven't seen Guy and Rudra in a long time, thanks to Velzard, Velgrynd, and Lucia. Those three ganged up on me and bombarded me with questions until they were satisfied. Those dresses are a nightmare! I'm banning them from Tempest in the future. But forget about the dresses—I noticed that Lucia wasn't with Rudra today.

Did something happen to her?

Not likely, otherwise, Rudra wouldn't have come here today. Hmm, ohh, did she get married to Veldanava? I remember that the time does match, so probably the deed has already been done. Let's wait for their daily fight, then I will join them for a chat to find out the truth.

I didn't plan to mess with the deaths of Veldanava and Lucia because the impact it would have on the future of this world is enormous. Beyond my and Ciel's hands, not like I can really change it. It took a lot of my spiritual power just because I meet with Guy and others, even though it would have minimal impact on the future. I can't even imagine how much spiritual power I needed to save Lucia and Veldanava.

Even if I was able to save them the future... Tempest... children... all of them will disappear in nothingness. 

I know I'm selfish, so I will try to save Veldanava and Lucia.

After a while, the daily banter between Rudra and Guy ended with the same old result: a draw. I mean, Guy can beat the current Rudra with ease, but it was more like he wanted to end the fight in a draw. Unknowingly or knowingly, he has changed. The change is for the better, in my opinion.

And as I listen to the talk between those two, the guess that I had earlier was proven right. Lucia and Veldanava have been tied together by a knot called marriage.

"Don't forget to give my congratulations to Lucia and Veldanava."

I said to Rudra with a smile as I finally showed myself to both of them. He looked a little surprised to see me, but I didn't dwell on it.

"Eh. It is rare to see you, Rimuru. I mean, Lucia said to say hello to you."

Rudra was being Rudra, so I ignored him, but I appreciate him for conveying Lucia's words to me.

"So, why did you decide to show yourself?"

Guy asked me, with his suspicious-looking eyes, What is wrong with him? It's not like I am Milim or Veldora. Don't look at me with that look. I'm a very good and mature slime. Other than borrowing (stealing) some sweets from the kitchen from time to time, I haven't done anything.

"Ah, not really. I just found the topic a little interesting. I also want to join your game as a judge. Since you two are players, I will be the one to judge if one wins or not, and after two thousand years, if no one wins the game, I will join the game as a player with the same rules that you two have set with Veldora as my partner."

I declare—I mean, I need an excuse to found Tempest in the future. Why not join their little game and be the judge? It will be a lot of fun. It may change the future if I directly join the game as the player, but as a judge, it will not put any pressure on them. On the other hand, I already made it clear that, just like them, I will not make a move and will let my subordinates do the job. So it even further relieved them of all the worries.

"So you are giving us two thousand years as a handicap."

"You can interpret it as you see fit."

I told Guy he didn't look happy as he saw me looking down on him. As proud as he is, he didn't let the chance to win the game slip and accepted all the conditions after thinking for a while.

"But seriously, are you sure you will be fine with Veldora?"

Suddenly, the voice of Velgrynd resounds in the room as she and Velzard also decide to join the chat.