9. "I'm not fucking in love with her!"

Time flies fast.

It has been more than a month since the wedding and my life has been a hustle since then. I was firstly aversed to my family decision of sending me off to New York for my masters in business administration, I ultimately give in to their request. They're doing this for my well being only. But a part of me is still anxious over this decision.

It's just difficult for me to leave all of this, my family, behind. I'll have to live far away from them. In my childhood, I used to blubber ceaselessly when I didn't get to see my mother.

The thought of living without Papa, Mumma and Bhai was making me to ponder upon my decision.

"Why you seem distress?" Mumma asked worried, raising my face up as she cupped my cheeks.

I threw the clothes on the bed that I was stowing in the suitcase. I heaved a sigh, sitting on the bed.

"I don't know Mumma.... I'm still not sure about going to US.." I answered in a low tone, gulping the bile in my throat. I suddenly felt like crying.

She sat beside me, taking me in her embrace. I hugged her tightly.

"I don't wanna go.." I said truthfully, biting on my lip, stopping myself from sobbing.

She caressed my head lovingly. "You know you're not going to live with us for all of your life." Mumma said in a gentle tone. I detached myself from her embrace, looking at her pouting.

"Why are you saying that?"

"You stupid! You're gonna get married sometime in near future. So it's better you learn to live without us."

"I'm not going to leave you all even if I get married. I'll make sure that my husband takes me to you every month or whenever I demand him to."

She only chuckled. But I was serious about it. I didn't know who the hell is gonna be my husband but I have taken a note in my mind that it'll be my first condition before our marriage. My family is my first and last love.

"But Mumma... It's gonna be so hard for me to live without you all. Who's gonna irritate me now the way Bhai does? And who's gonna make delicious food for me? And the main thing, who's gonna gossip with me the way Papa does." I spoke what I really felt at the moment. Tears welled up in my eyes. Mumma smiled sadly, patting my cheek.

"You just think so much Ziya! It's all gonna be alright. You'll love New York. Agastya will be there with you and his family also. And it's not like you can't see or talk to us. There are video calls now. You can call us whenever you want. It's your time to be a big strong girl." Mumma lectured me.

"What are you saying! She's a big strong girl now too." Papa exclaimed coming in my bedroom. He took a seat beside me on the other side.

I eyed him sulking, pretending to be angry with him. "I'm still angry with you that you're making me leave from here." I pouted.