03. this world set in freeze

Começar do início

After finishing all the houseworks, She quickly put some cream on her face and tried to cover the dark eyebags. Beomgyu peered at his mother curiously, and when she was busy looking at the mirror, the boy grinned, took the face cream and also started dabbing it on his face in the same way his mother did.

"Beomgyu- yah, I'm gonna leave for an hour. Okay?" after getting ready, Sol picked up her keys and turned to a busy- in- makeup Beomgyu sitting in front of the mirror. "I'm leaving a spare key, but don't go outside the house. And if you're hungry, there are some cookies in the cabinets. Though don't eat them much."

Beomgyu nodded busily, now putting lipstick on his forehead like a professional artist. Sol managed to stop herself from snorting.

"And if you need anything, call me, okay?"

"Okay. But where are you going, mamma?"

"Hehe." Sol laughed cutely, and to Beomgyu, that was the most beautiful smile he had ever seen in his life. "You'll see later. Now, goodbye, Beomgyu- yah!"

The boy put the makeup things on the dressing table and ran to his mother, locking her in a tight hug as he exclaimed. "Come back soon, mamma!"

"Mamma will always be back." Sol mumbled into the hug, blinking.

Everything that was supposed to happen after that one hour, did not happen

Everything that was supposed to happen after that one hour, did not happen. Beomgyu was not sure why. His mother said she would be back soon, then why it was getting so late? Instead of waiting in the house, why was he there, in a unfamiliar corridor where people wearing white aprons kept rushing back and forth?

Beomgyu was currently standing in front of a huge glass door. Through it, he could see shadows, enlarging and disorienting, and still somehow managing to jumpscare him. He did not like the strong smell that drifted around in the air, and the drops of dried red liquid lying near his hastily tied shoes. 

People in those white aprons were not paying him much attention. A very handsome man came to him once, though; he had full lips and round eyes that reminded Beomgyu of Peppa Pig.

"Kid, you should sit there and wait, okay?" the handsome man patted his head, making Beomgyu turn into tomato shade and nod. Before the man had sprinted off hurriedly again, Beomgyu managed to catch the name on his identification card- Kim Seokjin.

But Beomgyu eventually grew tired of sitting, so he went near to that glass door again. Since then, he had been standing there, an odd mixture of fright and curiosity lingering over his gaze as he stared.

He felt something was not right with this place and these people. And that feeling was confirmed, when that handsome man, now with his eyes half lidded and so lost, came out of the room and gave him a small smile that did not reach his gaze.

"You're Beomgyu, right?"

He nodded, his doe eyes portrayed pure innocence and interest. Wow, that handsome man knew his name? What an achievement!