Reunions and Half Truths

The group stood before the dark abyss and just stared for a while. No one wanted to be the first to jump in, and they refused to go any other route besides this one.

"Percy, this was your idea, you go first." Clarisse snapped. He sighed and closed his eyes before leaping inside. The group watched as his curly blonde hair faded into darkness. Rose gracefully fluttered down after him. Clarisse and Annabeth had to shove Grover before jumping in themselves.

After a few oofs upon impact, the gang stood up and dusted off their clothing. All except for Rose who was still hovering over the ground before letting her feet gently touch. The group looked at her and sneered. "Not my fault you all don't have wings." She sassed.

"Seraphina!" Percy yelled and looked around. "Seph!" He called again, and no response.

"Come look, here in the dirt!" Annabeth called. She pointed down near a group of rocks. "Foot prints, she left tracks. They lead off that way." She explained. Percy needed no further instruction he just began running. The group followed in close step behind him.

Annabeth continued to guide the group, tracking Seraphinas prints until they appeared in front of a large crater. Grover groaned.

"That is the shrine to Hermes down there, it's how camp used to communicate with Tartarus." He shook his head.

"It looks small, but inside it's like a never ending maze." He shook his head. "We'll never find her in there."

"We have to try." Percy said before sliding down the ravene and waited at the front doors. He pushed the heavy doors open and revealed a room full of torches and a large throne inside, empty.

Percy snarled. "Seraphina?" He called out and yet no response. "Seph!" He cried.

"Be quiet!" They heard a voice call from behind a large pillar. They all turned and pulled out their weapons.

"I'm a friend, but he'll hear you. He probably already knows your here." He whispered. They approached slowly, not trusting anything they heard down here.

"Just get over here and hide! I won't hurt you." The boy said, before stepping into the light of a torch. Clarisse, Annabeth, Grover and Rose gasped at the sight.

"We must be dead already, the impact of the fall made us all die." Grover panicked and ran his fingers through his hair. Clarisse and Rose were frozen.

"I can assure you, we are all well and alive." He explained. Rose choked and felt tears streaming down her face. Clarisse was silent but Percy swore he saw a tear drop from her eye. She was able to let one word slip from her mouth.

"Leo?"

————————————————————————

The group stood silently, frozen in time. The dashing young man stood tall, but he looked tired and exhausted. Percy had heard Leo Gold was great and strong, but this person looked like the shell of a man.

Clarisse and Rose nearly sprinted towards him before enveloping him in a hug. He hugged them tightly.

"But, you're dead! You died!" Clarisse cried into his shoulder.

"Not dead, but barely alive. Ares gave me to Kronos and told him he'd keep me in Pandora's box, but that was a half truth. He put my soul in there and kept my body down here to harness my power." He explained.

"Kronos made a fatal mistake of inviting Hypnos into Hermes temple. Hypnos let my soul escape a few weeks ago. It returned to my body and I've been roaming this maze, trying to get out ever since." He said, sadly. Clarisse and Rose continued to cry.