The wrath of a grieving mother

Percy was quiet. He was never one to be at a loss for words. They stood before the queen of the Gods, watching as she collapsed to the ground and weeped. Her emotions were overwhelming, the entirety of Olympus felt her grief. Her wails were piercing and violent. Percy had to look away.

He had failed Hera, he had failed Rose and Clarisse, he had failed himself, and worst of all he had failed Seph. She was probably dead, and he would never know what it was like to be with her, unconditionally.

"My son? What has happened?" Poseidon approached along with Zeus, Hestia and Demeter.

"My daughter is dead! She is gone!" Hera weeped. Her husband ran to her side and helped her stand. Zeus turned to face Percy. "What have you done?" He asked, enraged.

"My lord, Zeus, It is not Perseus' fault. Lord Hypnos had betrayed My Lady's trust. He threw her into Tartarus into a deep sleep." Rose said, quietly. Heras sobs consumed her, Zeus held her body so tightly as her keep her from falling apart.

"Why would Hypnos betray the princess? What did he have to gain?" Zeus demanded. Grover and Rose shook their heads.

"He said his mother forced him to do it." Percy said, breaking his silence.

"Nyx." Zeus breathed. Lightning and thunder rumbled through the city. "Why would Nyx want her dead?" Hera choked. Poseidon looked to the ground and sighed.

"Nyx is the advisor of Kronos. They must be working together, planning something." The God of the seas suggested. Percy paused.

"When we went to see Ares, he confessed that Kronos was the one who wanted Leo's body, and that he told Ares to kill him." Percy explained and Hera shook with rage and sorrow.

Hestia and Demeter paused and looked at one another.

"Sister, we may know why our father has taken your children from you."

————————————————————————

Seraphinas eyes opened, she hissed and grabbed the back of her head in pain. Her vision was blurry and her memory was foggy. She sat upwards and tried to stabilize herself. She glanced at her surroundings, nothing but darkness and fire. Tartarus. She thought. Hypnos threw me into Tartarus. She remembered.

She choked and heaved. Burning tears fell down her face. She looked at her hands. "At least I am not dead, yet." She said quietly to herself. She managed to stand. "Perseus?" She cried. Her voice echoed through the open space. She sobbed. "Perseus!" She weeped and held her stomach.

"Rose? Grover?" She called out, no response. She shook her head. She was all alone. She should be relieved, knowing they were not here. But she wasn't, she wanted nothing more than to hold him, be held by him. Her lips quivered and her stomach churned.

She ran behind a rock and expelled acidic bile from her throat. She choked and cough until she felt some relief. She breathed heavily.

"Anyone? Anyone, please?" Her yelling turned to a mere whisper and she rested her forehead on the stone. She felt weak. She tried to summon her wings, attempting to fly out, and yet nothing happened. Her tears did not materialize, her hands didn't glow. She felt nothing. She slid her back down the rock until she hit the floor. She pulled her knees to her chest and cried.

She was as good as dead.

————————————————————————

"What happened? What does Kronos want with my children?" She howled. Hestia paused and Demeter spoke.

"We have heard whispers of people using half blood children and channeling their power to use as their own. Perhaps our father has want for your children's abilities, which is why he hunted them so." She said sadly.