009... et tu brute !

A/N buckle up whores <33

CHAPTER 9 ... part 2

    (Goddess — Laufey)
   ALMA was in fact, not back by 8pm.

    Now, this wouldn't have been as big of a deal considering Alma was well, Alma. She was pretty scary when she wanted to be, and it helped that she has a mean right hook – perks of being an athlete.

    It did not help however that Alma was not answering her phone, which was odd considering Alma was sending Emily updates every hour or so.

    So maybe there was cause for panic.

    When Sam and the boys entered the Uley home at 9, a sour mood coating them considering there was a new leech in their midst, and they were crafty enough to evade every snapping jowl that bit in their direction.

    The first thing Sam noticed was that Allison was sat with Emily on the couch, both on their phones and both particularly tense.

    "Oh, thank god," Allison breathed out, hurriedly standing to greet her son and Emily frantically redialed whomever she was calling. "Sam, have you seen your sister?"

    Sam had in fact not seen his sister, the last he saw of her was when she'd arrived to take Ruth and Peter trick-or-treating. After that it had only been glimpses through Embry's mind's eye.

    He slowly shook his head, astutely aware of how Allison tensed, and Emily took a shaky breath.

    "Is there something I don't know?"

    "Alma isn't back yet."

    Embry noticeably tensed then, jaw locked, and ears perked the moment his imprints name was brought up. He tried his best not to, but Embry was still brooding over what transpired between he and Alma earlier that night. The fact that she was supposedly missing did not help Embry's already enormous guilt.

    "What do you mean 'she isn't back yet'?"

    "I mean we've been spending the past hour trying to get in contact with her and all we've gotten is radio silence. I think something is seriously wrong Sam."

    Sam grew ridged. Because now, not only was there a loose mosquito somewhere in Forks tree lines, but his little sister and his kids were completely MIA and had been for the past hour. Embry was already moving to spring into action, but Sam's hand caught his shoulder and his eyes gave him a look that said 'sit your ass down and screw your head on straight'.

    "Paul, you and Embry'll look around the neighbourhood, see if they're still out trick-or-treating, maybe her phone died or something. Me and Jared will follow the scent that bloodsucker left to see if maybe it's follow her, or..." He paused then, sucking in a breath to compose himself before continuing. "Brady and Collin I want you guys to stay behind with Quil just incase she comes back and Jacob, you Leah and Seth can see if she went into Forks by accident."