CHAPTER 6:

The next day, Alice woke up early to get ready for work. Getting downstairs, she spotted Alex sitting on the couch with his leg crossed and his face still showed no emotions, but despite that, he still looked like and angel. Upon seeing her, he gets up and approaches her.
"Shall we" he asked with his hands in his pockets.
"Huh" she said
"Do you always get confused, I'm dropping you off" he said in a calm voice.
     The ride to work was smooth and silent which Alice enjoyed a lot.
"I heard you went out with my brother yesterday" Alex asked all of a sudden.
"Y-y-yes I did sir" she replied confused but was surprised by his next question.
"Hope he didn't do anything to hurt you" he asked with all seriousness.
"No, he didn't" she replied staring at her hands and after that, not another word was heard from any of them.

**6hours later at the office**

   Alice was coming back from the restroom when she overheard some employees talking about her.
"I really thought she was an innocent girl, never thought she would turn out to be such a cheap slut" said one of them.
"Yes, she has finally shown her true colors to us" said another
"Who knows how many nights she has spent with the CEO" said another
"You guys shouldn't talk about Alice like that" said Nikki walking up to them.
"What ever" they said and walked away. Alice ran back into the bathroom where she cried for a long period of time.

      ***30mins later****

   It was closing hours and Alice was still in the restroom.
"You can't stay in there forever, we have to go home" Nikki said sounding quiet concerned. Alice walked out and headed to her cubicle where she picked up her bag and headed out to the underground parking lot where Alex was waiting for her. She was about to open the door to the front seat when the driver walked out and opened the door to the back seat for her. After she got in, the driver headed in and drove off. During the ride, Alice had her head down with her hair covering her face which Alex seemed to notice. He moved closer to her and moved her hair away from her face, immediately he saw her swollen eyes and traces of tears on her face, his mood suddenly darkened and it could be felt in the air. Alice felt the chill so she rose her head up and froze at the sight of his expression.
"Who did this to you" he asked sounding like a beast ready to devour it's pretty. All Alice could do was stare into those dangerous eyes of his.
"Who did this to you" he asked again getting impatient which caused Alice to flinch a little bit.
"I heard some people *sob* talking about me *sob* they called me a cheap slut" she said as a lone tear rolls on her cheek.
"And who were they" he asked calmly not changing his expression.
"Mandy, rose, and Kelly" she replied
"What department?"
"Marketing" she replied. He picked up a hankie and wiped her face with it which took her by surprise.
    After a little while, Alice felt a head ache and decided to rest a little and didn't realize when her head rolled from the head rest and landed on Alex's chest. He gently placed an arm around her waist and he placed his head back on the head rest, deep in thought.

    ***At the mansion***

     The driver pulled up by the mansion, Alex tapped Alice on her shoulder and woke her up. Imediately she woke up and saw the position that she was in, she pulled away and looked down In embarrassment.
"I'm I'm sorry, i-i didn't..." She stammered
"It's fine" he replied not looking at her and She quickly got down from the car.
"A- aren't you coming?" She asked Alex in a low voice
"No, I have some work to do" he replied and she nodded before closing the door and going inside.

Don't forget to follow ❌⭕❌⭕❤️❤️❤️