Chapter 21: Gigantitan Part 1

The week following Marinette's time babysitting Rayla, there wasn't much action for either hero other than keeping an extra sharp eye out for Mr Damocles in his pursuit of becoming a superhero himself. Yes, their meddling did unintentionally lead to his akumatization into Dark Owl. Still, all turned out well after their suggestion for Mr Damocles to focus on safer options to show his heroism. But now it was the weekend, and Marinette intended to make the most of her rare free time since becoming Ladybug to spend with her gal pals. This led to Marinette sitting with most of her female classmates in her room, a spread of treats her parents made for the occasion in the middle of their group.

Well, that actually wasn't so simple.

"You really want to invite Sabrina and Lila?" Alya asked her incredulously, "I know Sabrina has been decent for a while, but she still follows Chloé around. As for Lila, she's... Well, I don't know what her deal is. But if you decided to work with her, she must be nice."

"I know," Marinette answered, "But if we don't have Sabrina feel like part of the group, she can't feel safe leaving Chloé, as for my partnership with Lila, I want it to only be the start of getting her to be part of the class. So, what do you think girls?" she asked her female friends

"Alright," Alya said, while Juleka, Mylene and Rose nodded too, "At least we're sure Adrien will only be a minor topic with these two there." Juleka mumbled, much to Marinette's embarrassment.

"At the end of the day, it's gonna be a hang out at your house, so it's your rules first," Alix added, "I have no problems with Rossi, and as long as Sabrina will continue to not be a bitch to us, or try to use the hang out to embarrass us to please Chloé, she can come too."

Despite her words, the girl's look was all but casual "Hey Marinette, I know I benefit from it so you can ignore me if you think it's none of my business, but... Be careful about your kindness."

Thankfully, Lila was easily able to get Alix to warm up, and the others were quick to accept Sabrina once she apologized for her wrongdoings. It did help that she looked so pitiful, which made being angry against her feel a bit wrong.

"Okay, Alya. Truth or Dare?" Alix asked the fiery ombre-haired girl, a smirk on her face alongside her impish side-eye.

"Truth. I'm not taking a dare from you after the one you gave Marinette." Alya replied, a wince appearing as she recalled the dare of the two of them arm wrestling... with Marinette winning.

"Good call." Alix remarked with a fond eye roll. "So your truth is... what's the deal with you and Nino? Ever since Animan was akumatized, you two have been pretty chummy with each other." the roller-blading inquired, prompting the others to become interested in the answer.

"OOOOH, I've been wondering too!" Mylène exclaimed, propping her head in her hands while her legs idly swung in the air behind her.

"Well, if you must know, Nino and I are now official!" Alya announced, causing all the girls except Marinette to squeal.

"About time! I was wondering how long it would take for you two to start dating!" Marinette cheered as she took a soda can and opened it, leading the others to stare at her in shock at her words.

"Wait, you knew, Marinette?" Sabrina questioned, absentmindedly taking one of the cookies from the snack spread and raising it to her mouth to bite into it.

"I knew that they were locked in a cage during Animan thanks to Ladybug's efforts to keep them safe, but I had a suspicion that their time together would lead to them getting closer. Looks like I was right." Marinette admitted with a smirk, followed by her taking a sip from her soda.

Miraculous Hunters Rewritten: Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें