Chapter 9: Prime Queen Part 1

(Italics: Broadcast Feed)

In the three days since Dark Cupid, things were relatively quiet in the City of Love in both akumas and news about the... exchange between Ladybug and Chat Noir. Despite no one being around for the final confrontation, Marinette had assumed at least one person would have seen or taken a picture of her and Chat Noir kissing. So the fact that nothing of the sort seemed to be breaking the internet, had been a little unsettling for Marinette to say the least. Especially when Nadja had come to her and Chat Noir about a request she had.

The day after Dark Cupid was defeated and after Ladybug gave Chat Noir his Gaggletack, Nadja managed to flag the two heroes down while they were doing patrol. At their response in landing in front of her on the studio roof, Nadja wasted no time in asking them to participate in an hour-long interview on Sunday. Both heroes agreed and were quite excited about it... Marinette especially since she saw it as a way to reassure the public that she and Chat Noir would protect them and one day defeat Hawkmoth.

Soon enough, the day had arrived and Marinette's excitement had soared through the roof and she ended up working on Toby's 'Geode Beanie' to burn off her anxious energy. This is how Tikki had found herself watching a commercial for the interview; dubbed Face To Face, on the girl's computer while Marinette worked. But when ComercialNadja had announced there would be 'sizzling hot information' revealed about the city's favorite superheroes, the little Ladybug kwami was left shocked.

"Sizzling hot revelations?" Tikki exclaimed as she filtered around Marinette's computer screen, shocked by the news.

"Can you believe it, Tikki? An entire hour-long special about me and Chat Noir! Pretty exciting, huh?" Marinette said as she worked on Toby's beanie in the corner part of her work area, most of her focus wrapped up in her task while Tikki flew over to her.

"Marinette, you're a superhero, not a star! You have to remain a mystery to protect yourself from Hawkmoth and his supervillains." Tikki reminded her charge, flying around Marinette and drawing the girl's focus onto her as the kwami warned her about the consequences of participating in the interview.

"Don't worry, I only accepted this because I want the people of Paris to know that Chat Noir and I will always do whatever it takes to keep them safe." Marinette assured her kwami as she placed her project off to the side and held out her hands for Tikki to rest on her palm as she calmed her down. Thankfully for the designer, it seemed to have worked when Tikki's worried gaze had lessened.

"Just be careful tonight, okay?" Tikki requested, hoping that Marinette would be wise in the questions she answered.

"I know, Tikki. The only thing I need to worry about is getting Alya to help me babysit Manon tonight while I'm at the show." Marinette admitted as she picked up her phone to check her babysitting schedule, making sure she had their arrival time right. "Nadja should be here soon to drop Manon off." the pigtailed girl observed.

To make a story short, after Nadja confirmed the date for the interview, she asked Marinette to babysit for that night right after the girl got back home from the TV studio. Seeing as she wouldn't be in two places at once, Marinette knew that she would need a little help with this one to keep her identity a secret... so the first idea that came to mind was asking Alya for help.

"MARINETTE!" a voice below her trapdoor called out, alerting Marinette of the arrival of the five-year-old girl she was going to be in charge of.

"Speak of the devil." Marinette muttered to herself before turning off her monitor after hearing Manon's voice, allowing Tikki to hide while she stood up from her swivel chair. Seconds after she did, Marinette's trapdoor opened and revealed Nadja and an excited Manon; who ran up the stairs into the room after her mother opened the door.