Nene Kusanagi

I usually walk home with Rui, but today, I didn't. We have been neighbors since primary school, so it makes sense for us to walk home together. But today, I didn't see him. "Hey, Mizuki. Have you seen Rui? I can't find him anywhere." I thought maybe Mizuki would know where he was. They have been friends with Rui since secondary school, so I went to ask them first. "Rui? Last time I saw him was before the fifth period." They replied. I cocked my head to the side. That was odd. "Huh. Okay, thanks, Mizuki." I told them. I still thanked Mizuki for letting me know. I'll ask Tsukasa next to see if he knows anything about Rui's strange disappearance.

* * *

As I walked towards the Tenma household, a fear crept up on me. What if Rui actually went missing and didn't want to be found? I pulled out my phone and started texting Emu.

Hey, have you seen rui anywhere near 839 South Kamiyama St?

                                                                                                        No, why Nene-chan? Last time I saw

                                                                                                       Rui-Kun was at 5:40 PM yesterday at

                                                                                                                                         Phoenix Wonderland.

Huh, okay. Thanks.

That was odd. Yesterday at Phoenix Wonderland. Nowhere near 839 S Kamiyama St. That worried me. What if.? As I walked up to Tsukasa's household door, I took deep breaths. This wouldn't be as hard as I thought, right? It was impossible for Rui to go missing. He stands out. So where could he be? I looked at the door. "Alright, Nene. Just do it." I thought to myself. I knocked three times. Knock. Knock. Knock. I heard someone walking to the door. What should I say? I got nervous. I felt it in my legs. They were shaking. And I knew it. "Hello? This is the Tenma residence. How may I help you?" Answered a voice. It was a female one, but it wasn't Saki's. Then, who? "I'm Nene Kusanagi, Tsukasa's friend. I want to speak to him." I told the long white-haired lady. She was pretty, but she looked nothing like Tsukasa. I wondered if she was a baby-sitter? "Alright," She replied. "Tsukasa! Your friend wants to talk to you." She yelled into the house. "Coming, mom!" I heard another voice say. Then does that mean... That this lady was Tsukasa's mom? But.. "Oh! Hello, Nene-chan! What do you need?" Tsukasa shouted. He almost blasted my ear drums. "Well... It's about Rui.."

* * *

"Really? I haven't seen him either. He didn't come to the fifth period, either. That's really strange. Did you check the rooftop? He usually hangs out there." He answered. "No, I haven't checked the rooftop. But, usually he walks with me everyday home regardless of what he did before or after the fifth period." I informed Tsukasa. He needed to know that. "Huh. Oh! Remember when the troupe was like a Survey Team? Maybe we can do that again, but we are looking for Rui instead of smiles!" He suggested. Oh boy. That idea was the worst. But we had to ask Emu, first.