8. "Maybe you're a stalker...."

The dining table was full of laughter, chatter and joy

The dining table was full of laughter, chatter and joy. Aromas of the delicious food items are sprinkling the air and tickling the noses of everyone it touches. The elders at the table rattle off with such exuberance and enthusiasm all the horrendous and exciting stuff they did in their childhood days. While we children, that were only me, Bhai and Agastya listened to the repeated nostalgic stories not-so excitedly.

"Jhanvi will be missing this so bad." Uma aunty, Jhanvi Di's mother said in a sad tone.

"I bet she's not. She's just busy in suc- I mean .. she must be enjoying her honeymoon." Agastya spoke roaming his gaze all over the table, while his hands and mouth were deeply indulge in savouring food.

I bit my lip suppressing my laugh. He was about to say something extremely inappropriate for a family dinner.

"Don't worry. I'll be sending her all the pictures and videos of today." I added giving a reassuring smile to her.

"Well, that time is also coming near when you too will miss family get-togethers, Ziya." Anant uncle spoke, wiping his mouth with a tissue.

I furrowed my eyebrows, not really understanding the meaning behind his words.

He looked at Papa, raising his eyebrows. "You haven't told her yet?" He asked Papa.

Papa glanced at me and then faced Uncle. "I was about to tell her." Papa spoke in a low tone.

I squinted my eyebrows, glancing at Mumma and Bhai who didn't look confused at all. Guess I'm the only one missing on something.

"What is it?" I asked in an earnest tone, dropping the spoon on the plate.

"Uncle is sending you to the US for you masters." Agastya answered this time. I gently shake my head in disbelief, my eyes narrowing. My head snapped towards Papa, asking if he's saying the truth. He nodded his head in affirmation.

My heart sunk in the chest, my face turned downwards as I continued to eat food.

Why has no one even ask for my opinion? It's about me after all. I decided to talk about it with my parents in solitary after the get together.

I felt Agastya kicking my leg lightly under the table. I didn't look up at him. I was just angry right now. "Are you okay?" He whispered in my ear, the others got engaged again in some other conversation about business.

I looked up at him, offering him a smile that didn't reach my eyes. He sensed my disappointment.

"Aunty, can I and Ziya go for a day out? It has been so long we haven't explored Chandigarh together like we used to in our childhood!" Agastya asked in an animated voice.

Mumma only nodded her head giving us the permission.

And he, without any delay, pulled me up from the chair, dragging me out of the house.