The servants brought breakfast, he gave her medicines after she had her food.

"Text me if the fever rises again... I'll send a doctor... Take rest, no need to go down or do any work... You are not that great in household chores anyway. Stay in the room today", he said and left for his work without waiting for her reply, not that she was going to give him any. Her fever resurfaced but she didn't text him, she didn't want to take even a minute of his time, she knew he would be very busy in interacting with his people... He was very good and dedicated to his job, despite all the hurtful things he did to her, his very dedication to his people, and his relentless service to the ones who trusted him had her heart always. 

----------------------------------

He put back his wife's frame in the drawer locking it safely and dispersed her thoughts for now... 

"Dev... Idiot... Get up and f**k off... it's 6 in the morning...", Shaurya yelled kicking his friend who was sleeping like a log... 

"What ? What happened ?", he said waking up with a jerk...

"You jerk...", Dev screamed at his best friend realizing he had just kicked his bum...

"Give rest of the curses on the phone, for now, leave...", Shaurya said opening his curtains to see if there are any people in his lawn area... 

People of his constituency and head of labor organizations, student unions, teacher unions, and leaders in every profession come to meet him on a regular basis. He created this provision as to know the ground reality of his people and the professions. Some times, they need a pay raise which the government couldn't afford at that particular time, and at times like that, he had to disappoint them, sometimes they express their dissatisfaction too but still he didn't stop his daily meeting sessions, he met at least one group per day. He would make them understand and his consistency and patience to listen to their problems increased his approval rate by record majority as no chief minister managed to do it till now. 

He also attended regular press conferences and faced the media bravely. Sometimes the top journalists put him in a tough spot but he faced them courageously. Shaurya always wanted to make a difference and he believed it started within oneself, everyone said accepting your mistakes would reduce his approval ratings but he wanted to do it anyway, because he is accountable to his people and they had the right to his apology if he was at fault, he always accepted his faults and that only worked in his favor, though there was initial discontent in public. It only worked in his favor gradually and people trusted him more, his supporters made reels out of his exemplifying honesty and that helped him a lot. Having a tech-friendly youth support did act in his favor, well his best friend Dev too had the advantage being a young leader but unfortunately, his party lacked strong candidates and Dev alone could not fight them and their corruptive ideologies. 

During previous assembly polls, Dev wanted to give the party ticket to a candidate from an underprivileged category. Still, the rest of the members went far enough to suspend him as the party chief to stop him from doing so. This move gave Dev clarity of how rigid his party members were and he needed to gain more power to make the decisions he thought were productive to the party and the people as well and he started his work and to say he came a long way is an understatement. Shaurya believed his friend would give him a good competition this coming polls as he would have the choice to select the candidates for this election all by himself and Shaurya trusted his friend's capabilities. 

"Fine...", Dev groaned

"Wait! You are not going now... there are people outside and if anyone spots you, it will become a scandal", Shaurya warned looking out of the curtains...