The Broken Wolves

Now here we are. At the Healing center of the pack.
It's too silent in here. The eerie feeling lingering in the air. The Healing center of this pack was rather huge compared to that of the other packs. It's understandable on how there are about a thousand members in the pack.
After few flights we finally reach the room where Leah was said to be there.
As we walk in, she jerks awake, her eyes wide as saucers.

"Pipe down, it's B." I hear Sarah from the other end of the room. The room was infact luxurious and spacious for a Healing center.
I smile at Sarah as she pours something that seems to a beverage into a cup.

Coffee.

"Heya darling, how are you settling in?" She asks concerned and excited, both at the same time.
"Quite good." My mate answers on my behalf.
"Come on B. That was for her to answer." Sarah gives, quite annoyed.
So, he is called B huh.
Sarah then helps Leah who seems to be spacing out, sit up handing her the coffee.

Leah bows her head lightly and acknowledges my mate as Alpha.
"It's fine, you can call me B like when you used to back then." A small smile playing on his lips, his concern like that of an older brother. Yep, I have seen loving older brothers, like how Jason looked at Anna, or how Tyler looked at me or many elder brothers in my pack and school.

"Well, that reminds me, Leah, this is my mate, Esmeray. And Ray, this is Leah, my sister." My mate puts in.

"Hi, I am Esmeray Woodsmith. Nice to meet you." I say holding out my hand awkwardly. After giving my mate a wary look, she finally meets my eyes while shaking my hand.

"Leah, Leah Claws." She isn't much of talker it seems.

I, however, give her a bright smile. And her eyes grow wide.
"Um, is anything wrong?" I question quickly.

"A spell." She continues after a second.
"A strong spell binds you by its magic. A spell from among us."
A pause that lasts a few more seconds.

"A Wizard. A strong one." She states emphasizing each and every word of hers carefully.
I mentally sigh.

"Not bad. He is quite strong. And turns out he is just like you. A hybrid." I finish off with a smile calmly.

An awkward silence grows among the four of us. No idea what had brought this on. I look between the three of them.

"Ehm. Well, my mate here wanted to talk to you about something. Do cooperate." My mate decides to break the silence.

He looks at Sarah before heading towards the door. It was her cue to follow him out. As he places his hands on the door handle, he gives me a last look, a look of encouragement. I give him small smile.

"Umm.... so, you were rejected..." I trail of considering how she would take it. Because when it comes to psychological problems people tend to have negative effects on stating the truth.
But for my surprise her answer was quite direct.
"Yes, I was rejected by my so-called mate, a three months ago. If you are sure that you can heal me then go ahead. If you doubt your abilities, then let me be." She says curtly. Quite frank I see.

"Well, now that you know I am a healer, it wouldn't hurt to give me a chance, would it?" I continue.
"All you have to do is answer few questions and spend some time with. 'Some quality' time, that is." I grin like an idiot.

"Whatever, shoot." Is her short answer.

"Give me your hand, let me check your pulse." I now say seriously.
She does and that is when I realize how chaotic her pulse was. Though she looked calm as fuck, this heart and mind of hers were messed up as hell. I close my eyes and take in all of her inner system. Her blood was too faster and moving in wrong directions.

I know.

"Did you know you were this strong before the rejection?' Was my first question.

"I didn't exactly know but I have always had this feeling of something really forceful surging within me. I always felt the inability to contain it within me."

"And the rejection opened it up." I complete it for her.

She nods in confirmation. That's all I needed to know. It was a power being hidden within her. She never let it out, for some reason.

"Why would you hide it all this time?" I question. She was just like me, but something was amiss. She never had an idea of her strength.

"Mom. My mom said that I wasn't allowed to use the magic I inherited from her. Sh- she ha- hated me. But I - I wanted her l-love. And so, I tr-tried to h-hold I-it..." She trailed of as her lower lips start to tremble, she was this close to crying. She fists her hands against the blanket of hers. She hadn't made an effort to look up afraid of making an eye contact all this time.
But I couldn't let her stop.
"Mhmm. I see." I speak.
"What about your dad?" I ask her.

Finally, her bright green eyes meet mine.

"Huh! Dad, you say. I never had one." She gives a smile of mockery as she looks away.

"Okay, what do you feel about that supposed father of yours? Abraham Claws" I change the question.

"He was supposed to be my dad. The one person I should have relied. The one who should have lent me a hand. What do you expect of a five-year-old, when her mother leaves her alone with a father who didn't even bother giving a fuck about." She looks up meeting my eyes. As tears start to fall. My eyes start to sting with unshed tears. I could clearly understand her. I wasn't much different from her.

Hot tears start to roll down my cheeks. The twins were for the next time I think as her wailing continues to grow louder. She starts to bawl like a kid. As I look at her wiping her tears and snot in a disgraceful manner complaining about her life, I start to wish someone would listen to me wail and complain about my broken self.
Soon enough I throw my arms around her, and she calms down a little bit as she places her head on my shoulder and continues to cry while I console her with soothing words as I pat her head from behind.

"It's fine darling. It's fine to cry. Cry all you want."
"I am willing to give you a shoulder to lean on. I will listen to all you complain. Help you overcome." I whisper. I hear the door clicking. I feel four of them. My mate, Sarah, Alex followed by Lia. Woah, their names sound the same.
I turn around ever so slightly with my index finger placed on my lips indicating them to not make any sound.

After, like 15 minutes or so she starts to calm down. And finally, I feel her body slump and her haggard breathing becomes even. She had fallen asleep. I carefully place her on her bed and turn around to look at the four of them still waiting for an explanation.

I owe them one. But the expression on their faces turns into that of a shock as they look at my disheveled self. I know right. I cried with her dude, obviously my eyes must have been red and puffy from all that crying. I, however, give them the brightest smile ever. I was happy for Leah. She could heal, it wasn't that bad. as for controlling her powers she would have to attend The Academy of Wizards and Witches. It was all the stuffs she had bottled up that brought this magic getting out of control thing. And only the instructors there could give her proper instructions in order for her power control. As of now she wasn't going berserk any sooner.  

As I take step forward, I feel tiredness take over me.
When Alex was about to say something, he was abruptly cut over by my Alpha mate.

"You should get some rest." He says as he walks over to me and lift me. He places me carefully and firmly between his arms and chest in a bridal way just like the first time. I feel his emotions as they are a mess. No way. What's this mixture if emotions. Happiness, admiration, sadness, pride and many more. I look him in the eyes.

My mate was rejected too.
So, there are too many of them, huh, broken wolves, my mate included. 'I wonder who dared to reject The Rogue King' was my last thought before I fell asleep on my mate's shoulder inhaling the woodsy scent of honey and sandalwood as I comfortably place my nose in the crook of his neck.

It feels good.
It feels like home.
Where I belong.