To Feel Loved

"This one or this one?" I question myself, looking into the mirror. Right now, I am buying a dress, I mean wearable dress for Ann's birthday. I had been struggling to choose between a grey one and a blue one.

"Ugh! I need help damn it." Since young I had only worn dim and dark colors, they all looked the same. But this time Ann had asked me to wear different color since 'he' was going to be there. Well, who gives a fuck. She gives.
I sigh.
All of a sudden, I have this goosebumps moment and I know someone's watching me. I however, act unaware of the situation.

After some time, a woman walks to me with a brilliant red dress in her hand that seems to cost a fortune.
"You seem to need a hand; he asked me to give this to you ma'am." She says politely pointing towards the door.

I look at the door to find no one there. "You must have been mistaken." I say with a smile.
"Esmeray Woodsmith, that's you, isn't it?" She says more like a statement.

"But I cannot afford it. And I do not wish to wear it." I refuse politely.

"Oh, what a waste. Sir had already paid, and you will have to take it ma'am." She says irritation clearly behind words.

"Ma'am, please take it. You are wasting my time." She now seems angry.

"Oh, I am sorry. I'll take it." I say quickly.
I hurriedly take the now packed dress outside. I look around, as if I will get a revelation of this mystery person.

****

After a whole hour of searching, I finally end up walking back to my apartment.

All freshened up I walk to my bed when my phone vibrates from the side stand. I look up the name. "Oh, it's Ann." I say to myself.

"Heya darling!" She sounds super excited.

"Hey hi. What's up?" I ask casually.

"You know I wanted to tell you this before, but you seemed to ignore me for you were afraid of 'the topic'."

"Mm hmm" I reply while stuffing some chips into my mouth.

"The thing is... there is going to be another pack in our party. You know The Rogue Under the Moonlight Pack."
She says, more hesitantly.

"Huh, why?" I question.

"You know dad said something like establishing relationship with strong packs thing. I am telling you this since you said you had few friends from the pack, so umm... I thought you should know." She rambles.

"Fine, fine. I have already told them about me being a Rogue so it will be fine." I reply calmly.

"Also... um never mind. All good then. I can't wait to meet you there. Love you." She says trying to hide her excitement.

"Love you too. Bye." I hang up.

******

I wake up to the loud banging of my door. I go up to the door, mumbling curses to myself. "Just keep your fuck together, I am coming damn it." I shout while opening the door, and "SURPRISE!"
Lia and Sarah stand in front of me with all their bags from shopping, grinning like idiots.

"Whaa- what are you guys doing here?" I ask them shock clearly visible, sleepiness long gone.
Their grin only widens.

"Of course, we are here so we can ready you to the party." Lia says, as both of them invite themselves in. Not that I care. They have come here twice before. It feels good to have friends like them. Always jumping around like crazy.

"B- but-" I start to be cut off.
"No buts my lady, you are to get ready to kick the ass of that all arrogant Alpha." Lia says mimicking those high-end butlers. And heads towards my room followed by Sarah and me.

Did I tell you; Sarah is the sister of the Demon Lord himself; I mean the Rogue King.

She is very beautiful with her shoulder length brown hair and peaceful green eyes and only one who is capable of thinking rationally among my friends, while Lia had dirty blonde hair and grey eyes, given her bubbly personality and a perfect hourglass figure, she was always the center of attraction.

As for me, I was known as blondie in my circle as I stood out complimenting my amber eyes. I could say I had a good figure of a warrior as I was 5'7. But to cover my figure I always wore lose baggy clothes. And parties, I skipped them as they weren't meant for someone like me. This is the third party I am attending.

"Earth to Emmy" Sarah grins snapping me back to the torture I am to endure for next three hours.

"Someone has a secret admirer." Lia comments with a cheeky grin as I narrate the incident of how I ended up receiving this beautiful dress.

Sarah starts with my hair and make-up. Once done, I wear my dress, out of nowhere Lia jumps up with a pair of black stilettos and a red velvet choker with few chains and red crystal-like stones.

"Where would you get this from?" I exclaim

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Where would you get this from?" I exclaim.
"It's from me and Lia. Don't mind, a small token of love for looking after us and all the ruckus we caused in the past month." Sarah says with a wide grin.

"You guys-" in a moment I am engulfed in a group hug.

"You are like a sunshine to us, Esmeray." I hear Lia's muffled voice.

I don't know but it all feels so good.

How long has it been since I felt needed?