chapter 3: scared

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•"You couldn't wait to do it didn't you?" he says while exiting the bathroom leaving me alone~

"You couldn't wait to do it didn't you?" he says while exiting the bathroom leaving me alone~

I stand still in the bathroom, staring at the floor. I didn't expect such a reaction, but I can't stay here forever, I have more important things to care about. I go back on the tatami and I see that they're doing fight preparation exercises, in couple of course. I walk towards chan and now I'm in front of him again, but this time, he doesn't even look at me. When we were about to start the exercise, the teacher stops us.

"Let's do couple fights now, the couples are the same. Who starts?"

Nobody answers. Suddendly, I start to feel anxious. It's the first time it happens when I'm at practice. Why has chan's reaction affected me so much? I push the thoughts away and I focus on the competition, I won't let anyone or anything distract me from it.

"So?" the teacher asks encouraging us
"Fine, I'll choose"

"We'll start" chan says while standing up all of a sudden

"You're hurt, it's better if you relax for a moment" the teacher says quite surprised

"I'm fine, it's not that bad"

"What are you doing?" I whisper to him, but he just gives me a quick glance and then goes to the center of the tatami, waiting for me.

I don't know why, but I'm completely freezed. Everyone is looking at me, maybe wondering why I'm not reacting.

"Sorry, can I go to the toilet real quick?" I say without even thinking

"Okay, I'll choose another person"

I stand up and walk really fast to the bathroom. I rinse my face with cold water and I stand in front of the mirror while I try to regulate my breathing.
Why am I acting like this? Why should I care what bang chan says?

"You got scared?"

I turn my head and I see chan staring at me with a slight smirk.

"Scared? Of what? You?"

"You are the one who ran away as soon as I wanted to fight"

"Don't think that I did that because I'm scared of you, because you're the last person I would be scared of"

He lets out a small chuckle and then he leaves again.

Practice has ended and my father came to pick me up. I hear him talking but I'm not paying attention to what he's saying since I can just think of what has just happened.

"Are you listening to me?"

"No, sorry"

"You know that you can't win if you're so distracted, right?"