44| Taehyung

Jisoo has barely spoken a word since we arrived, and I'm worried

Jisoo has barely spoken a word since we arrived, and I'm worried. She's been smiling for photographs and she's answered every question that's been thrown at her with humor and grace, but she's been acting distant, even though she hasn't taken her hand out of mine unless she had to.

My heart races as we head up to the private balcony that we're watching the screening from. I don't recall ever being so anxious about someone's well-being. I never worried much about Irene, not even when she acted jealous about any of the actresses under my management, because I always knew she had nothing to worry about, and I had nothing to feel guilty for.

It's different with Jisoo. I need her to be okay, regardless of whether or not her worries are warranted.

We take our seats, and I lift our joined hands to my lips, kissing the back of her hand tenderly. She looks at me, and that look in her eyes hits me straight in my chest. She looks hurt and so fucking sad, and I have no idea why. All I know is that I must be the reason for it.

I tighten my grip on her hand and lean in to press a kiss to her shoulder, before moving my lips just below her ear. "What's going on, baby? Give me a moment of honesty. Tell me why your beautiful eyes are filled with sorrow."

She turns her face, her nose brushing against mine. I smirk and tilt my head, stealing a kiss. I expected her to kiss me back, but instead, she pulls away.

I frown, and she shakes her head. "Jisoo," I murmur, gently grabbing her chin to keep her eyes on me. "What's going on?"

Her eyes widen as she looks past me, and I have no doubt that Irene just took her seat right next to me, but I couldn't care less. All I care about is the pain in my wife's eyes.

"Taehyung," she whispers, her voice breaking. She leans in, her lips brushing against my ear.

"I just... I don't want to hurt her. She's my sister, Taehyung , and yeah, she's not been the best version of herself lately, but I love her. I remember what it felt like to see you with her at these type of events, and I don't want her to feel that same kind of pain. But simultaneously... I'm jealous of the way she keeps looking at you, the photos the two of you kept taking, the interviews you just did together. I'm... I'm just so jealous, and I hate myself for it."

My eyes widen, and she pulls away, her cheeks flushed. Fucking hell. This woman. I thought she'd want to make it clear to Irene that I'm hers, that our marriage isn't the farce Irene hoped it'd be. I was so certain that she'd want to stake her claim, yet here she is, suffering in silence because she doesn't want to hurt her sister.

Fuck. I think I'm done for. I think I'm falling in love with my wife. Hell, I think I may have been in love with her for far longer than I'd ever admit to myself.

The movie starts, but all I can focus on is my wife.  She stares ahead, her spine straight, and I'm fucking mesmerized. She looks beautiful in this dress and I love every second of seeing her in it, yet I can't wait to get her home so I can fuck every single insecurity out of her.