Part 2

Shelsie POV,

6:59am: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

7:10am: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

7:30am: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fucking hell... I rolled my eyes and turned away from my phone lying on the nightstand, facing the skyline view. The city buildings were lighting up as Fort Lauderdale began to awaken, much like me. Finally, I rolled out of bed and glanced at my phone, noting the time: 7:55 am. There was also a message from Zaiya, along with a series of tweets she found extremely amusing, prompting her to share them with me.

Zaiya: BITCH LMFAOOOO YOU SEE THIS SHIT?!!?!

Shelsie: Goodmorning to you too! LMFAO

Zaiya: Love how messy twitter is ugh it has my heart

Shelsie: Im actually dead

Zaiya: *sends pic of a guy off hinge*

Zaiya: Hes so mf hot and his smileeeee its so cute

Shelsie: mhm you guys would look good together

Shelsie: did you text him?

Zaiya: Yea I just sent him a message

Shelsie: Hearted a message

Before I risked being late for work, I hurried to get ready. Stepping into the shower, I let the water cascade over me, contemplating how long it had been since I connected with someone romantically—nearly four years, since my ex. Despite trying dating apps, I always seemed to hit a dead end, often ghosting potential matches. Was I the problem?

Shaking off my thoughts, I turned off the water and began to dry off, then continued with my morning routine. As I finished getting ready, I made my way to the living room area of my apartment, situated in the Las Olas area of Fort Lauderdale. I resided in a sky-rise apartment, occupying one of the top floors in my complex.

After earning a degree in computer science and putting in countless hours of hard work, I landed a role as a software development manager at a tech company, earning a comfortable salary of $235,000 annually, not to mention bonuses. Reflecting on my journey, I felt immense pride in how far I had come in my career. The sacrifices of sleepless nights and missed social events had paid off, providing me with a sense of financial security and comfort that was truly priceless.

Heading to the open area kitchen, I grabbed a Gogurt Squeeze to nibble on and my pre-prepared lunch, stuffing them into my large tote bag. With time ticking away, I snatched my keys and made my way to the garage.

As I pulled into the garage and approached my black Mercedes Benz AMG, which I affectionately called Midnight, I finished off the last of the Gogurt as I shifted from reverse to drive, heading towards work. The commute to Miami was only 45 minutes south, a trip I'd made countless times.

I mentally noted the conference meeting scheduled for today—a collaboration with another construction company, where our tech company would be responsible for their data analytics, websites, and other technological aspects. My task was to present to the board how my team could assist in optimizing their operations, from streamlining directories to safeguarding crucial data.

Arriving in the parking lot of my workplace, I retrieved my key card and greeted the front desk staff with a smile before heading to the elevator, humming a tune to myself as I waited to reach the 5th floor.

Reaching my office a Coworker named Sammy stopped by a shorter brunette hispanic women that was a year older than me but had an amazing bubbly personality. Although we didn't work in the same team it didn't stop us from chatting here and there also her spilling the work drama.