The Shattering

...

...

...

...

...

...

"...he shall take his place..."

As Beacon Academy crumbled under the relentless assault of Grimm and chaos engulfed the once prestigious school grounds, students found themselves thrust into a battle unlike any they had faced before. Their semblances blazing as they struggled to hold back the tide of darkness threatening to overwhelm them. The enemy seemed endless, their numbers too great to count.

Meanwhile, deep beneath the rubble-strewn halls of Beacon Academy, a different kind of battle raged on. In a secret chamber hidden from prying eyes, Headmaster Ozpin and Cinder Fall clashed in a duel of epic proportions. The air crackled with power as their auras clashed, each strike sending shockwaves rippling through the underground chamber. Ozpin, with his centuries of experience and wisdom, fought with a steadfast resolve, determined to protect the school and its students at any cost. But Cinder, fueled by her insatiable thirst for power released all that she had, and annihilated Ozpin, leaving behind a burnt husk.

As the echoes of battle faded and the dust settled, Cinder stood amidst the wreckage, a smirk of satisfaction playing across her lips. She turned to leave, her victory assured, only to be halted by the sight of a shadowy figure lurking at the entrance. With a frown, she crossed her arms, her displeasure evident at the unexpected presence.

"Why are you here?" Cinder's voice dripped with disdain as she addressed the mysterious figure.

Ignoring her question, the shadowy figure strode past Cinder, extending a hand from which erupted a swirling mix of black and white flames. The distorted voice echoed in the chamber as the figure approached Ozpin's charred form, its gaze unwavering.

"Finishing the job," it declared, pointing its hand at the burnt husk of the once mighty headmaster, igniting his remains with its ominous flames.

Cinder watched in confusion as Ozpin's body was engulfed in flames once more. "I don't understand," she began, her eyebrow raised in skepticism. "He's already dead. We have time to scheme and plot before he returns. You're just beating a dead horse."

The figure turned to face Cinder, its presence shrouded in darkness. "Yes, but consider this," the voice murmured, sending a shiver down Cinder's spine. "How much time do we truly have if Ozpin is gone for good?" With those enigmatic words, the figure dissolved into the shadows, leaving Cinder to ponder the implications of its cryptic message.

*Crack*

Cinder then gazed upon the burning corpse of Ozpin, she realized the true magnitude of his absence. The white flames consuming his body were not devouring flesh but the green aura that once shielded him, the flames cracking the aura slowly. With Ozpin gone, there was no one to lead the resistance against Salem's relentless army. His secret group, bereft of a leader, stood vulnerable and exposed in the face of impending doom. A smirk crept across Cinder's lips as she contemplated the chaos and opportunity that awaited in the wake of Ozpin's demise.

Now, no one will stop Salem.