Chapter 11

Daou POV

Daou stood staring at himself in the mirror trying like hell to focus on the tie he was attempting to do but he couldn't focus and he was just getting frustrated. All he had seen every time he closed his eyes was Offroad standing there in his living room crying. It took every ounce of willpower he had in him to walk away when Offroad had begged him to stay but staying would have done neither of them any good. Daou got fed up with the tie and ended up throwing it somewhere in his closet leaning on his wardrobe island trying to calm himself down. Fuck that tie, fuck Zax, fuck this date, fuck Offroad, and the tears that made him feel like complete shit when he didn't even do anything! He begged and it was something he had never done in his life, he begged for him just to say something, anything, and Daou would have stayed, but Offroad couldn't. Daou smacked the can of body spray that was on the island hard, having it smack the wall hard. He exhaled loudly, pinching the bridge of his nose, and clenching his eyes shut.

"Daou," a whisper came from his bedroom from a voice he didn't want to hear at the moment. Daou stepped out of his closet coming face to face with Offroad. Daou wanted to run to him but kept his feet firmly planted on the ground.

"Ready," Daou said, trying to keep a straight face as he straightened his suit jacket. He finally looked at Offroad's face and his heartbreak and anger happened all over again as he could tell the boy had been crying. He shoved those feelings down, looked straight ahead, and attempted to walk out of his bedroom but was stopped by Offroad's hand on his arm.

"Please," Offroad whispered. Daou sighed, his heart, mind, and body all wanted to take the boy up in his arms.

"Please what?" Daou asked, looking down at Offroad. Daou watched the struggle pass over Offroads face as it looked like the boy was struggling to find the words he wanted to say. "We don't have time for this," Daou sighed, pushing past Offroad but was stopped once again this time Offroad had a death grip on his arm with both hands pulling him to stop. "Let go,"

"No," Offroad said, clutching tighter to his arm.

"Jesus, I can't do this," Daou sighed looking up at his ceiling trying to blink away the tears.

"Let me explain," Offroad said, his voice cracking. Daou didn't turn around but he didn't try to pull further away, giving Offroad a moment. "I didn't mean to lie to you, at the hospital Zax-" Daou spun around so suddenly and quickly Offroad jumped back, letting go of his arm.

"Do you seriously think this is about that?" Daou laughed asking Offroad. "My god Offroad what do you want?"

"I want you to stay so we can talk!" Offroad said, raising his voice slightly.

"You want me to stay?" Daou asked, watching Offroad nod yes. "Then walk out this door and go downstairs and tell my father I am staying and why," Daou said pointing back to his door.

"I don't see you racing to tell him," Offroad motioned to the door.

"Fine, you want me to break the news? I will." Daou said, turning to exit the door fully prepared to tell his father, mother, and the entire world, when his arm was pulled back once again, shattering his heart once more.

"Will you stop?!" Offroad exclaimed in a hushed tone.

"Let go," Daou growled

"Daou,"

"Now," Daou said, ashamed of the venom he could hear in his own voice. He felt Offroad's hands fall from his arm. Daou reached for the door, his hand pausing on the door knob. The silence between them was thick and strangling. Daou knew there were things he wanted to say and things Offroad wanted to say but Daou wasn't going to put himself through all of this for someone who couldn't admit out loud they wanted him. "I will talk with my father and have someone else put on my detail tomorrow so don't show up." And with that, Daou left the room shoving down the heartbreak he was feeling.