Chapter 7

For context this is the type window Daou's character likes to relax in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV Daou

Daou was sitting in the bay window watching the full moon reflect across the pond. He had been here since coming home a few hours ago. A security guard had peeked his head in a few times which had Daou laughing. Offroad was completely ignoring him for the time being even though he was the one who had his ass kicked. How was he going to ignore him once his time started as his bodyguard? Daou was just emotionally exhausted and didn't want to think about anything. He heard the door click open but paid it no mind keeping his eyes locked on the pond as he heard the door click close again.

"You were right," Offroad's voice said, causing Daou to jump in his seat, turning his head to see Offroad standing there in a button-down shirt and slacks similar to the first outfit Daou had seen him in. The moon provided just enough light to see that Offroad was holding something folded up in his hands. "Ah, this is yours," Offroad said, stepping towards Daou, placing his favorite shirt that he had taken that morning after by accident in his lap.

"Are you going to ask for your shirt back now?" Daou chuckled, examining the shirt. "And right about what?"

"The moon on the pond, it's pretty peaceful." Offroad nodded toward the pond. "And can I not ask for my shirt back?"

"Who says I even have it?" Daou looked at Offroad. "How happy was my father when you told him I had accepted you as my security guard with no complaints?"

"He is just worried as all fathers are worried about their children," Offroad said, taking a step towards the window.

"Yeah right, don't see your father hanging around inputting his nose into your business," Daou said, bending his outstretched legs and allowing Offroad to take a seat in the window.

"And you won't," Offroad said, taking a seat and turning to face Daou. "He died when I was little." Daou's eyes went wide with shock.

"Oh I'm sorry," Daou tripped over the words rushing to get them out.

"Oh look, you do know how to apologize," Offroad laughed, smiling at Daou. Daou froze looking at that smile. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. "Don't apologize for something you didn't know."

"I'm sorry for what I said at the hospital," Daou said, clamping his mouth shut because he was about to word vomit and apologize for every little thing if he didn't. All because finally seeing that smile directed at him did something funny to his brain.

"I am sorry I slapped you." Offroad countered.

"I deserved it." Daou was the one who laughed this time.

"Yeah, you did," Offroad said, joining in his laughter. The silence soon fell over both of them, the laughter fading.

"Well, the other rooms won't check themselves." Offroad sighed sitting up straight. 'You won't know if you don't ask him,' Boss's voice rang in Daou's head as he sat straight up grabbing Offroads forearms, keeping him from standing up.