Chapter 5

Offroad POV

Offroad was currently relaxing on his couch. He had gotten up from his bed earlier to use the bathroom and take his meds but didn't have the energy to go back to the bedroom. His body was sore and his arm was still throbbing but he was thankful that there had been no broken bones. Boss had informed him the truck that was used to smash into the car had mostly impacted with his door shattering the glass on the back window which is how Mrs. Zheng had gotten injured as she used her arm to protect her head. Apparently, the driver, who was also the server with the chairs had pulled out of the location he had raced to, too early, which is what saved Offroad's life. He heard the key tones of his door lock being input before the click of his lock sounded. 'I need to remember to change the passcode,' Offroad groaned to himself as he sat up to see whose turn it was to take care of him.

"Offroad?" Rin called as she walked into the condo.

"Couch," Offroad called back, sinking back down into the couch and covering his face with his good arm.

"How are you feeling today?" Rin asked as she made her way to the kitchen, sitting down the bags she had in her hands.

"Better," Offroad lied, in reality, he felt worse he had this sad feeling he couldn't shake and it was making all his aches and pains worse.

"Let me warm up some food for you. Did you already take your medication?"

"Yes," Offroad answered her as he heard her shuffling in the kitchen. It wasn't long before he heard the ding of his microwave and Rin appeared in front of him with a plate of beef noodles. Offroad lifted himself up taking the plate. "Thank you,"

"Of course, dear," Rin said in a sing-song voice. She promptly took a seat on Offroad's coffee table watching him with a big smile on her petite face that had Offroad feeling uncomfortable.

"What?" Offroad asked with a mouth full of noodles.

"Zax would like to come visit," Offroad paused, causing the bite of noodles he was bringing to his mouth to fall off his chopsticks. Offroad sighed, Rin meant well but Offroad had been the one to ask Terry to not inform her of the reasoning for their break up. Offroad assumed Zax would have informed her, but Zax was also the one to never admit he was the one in the wrong. Offroad knew how much strain it had put on Terry and Zax's relationship and Offroad didn't want to do that to Rin. "Oh come on, I don't know what happened between you too but you can work it out." Rin had looked at Offroad with a stare full of hope that Offroad knew he was about to dismantle.

"Rin, there will never be a Zax and me again," Offroad said, looking at her, as he held his plate in his lap. "I told Zax I would speak to him eventually, but it will be when and where I choose."

"I just don't understand this whole ordeal, it's been years! Certainly whatever happened can be resolved. You were great together! I can't imagine a silly argument isn't -"

"He cheated on me Rin," Offroad interrupted her, causing her face to fall.

"What?" She whispered, Offroad could see the hurt on her face.

"In our apartment, in our bed, Terry and I walked in on them, well I was in the living room Terry is the one that busted in on them," Offroad explained to Rin who was now looking horrified.

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" She asked as she placed her hand on Offroad's arm gently.

"I asked Terry not to, I didn't want to ruin your relationship with Zax like I ruined his relationship with Terry. In the hospital, that day was the first time I had seen or talked to Zax since that day." Offroad informed her. The face Rin was making full of sadness and guilt was exactly the reason Offroad didn't want her to know.