"That's not true, and don't even try to correct me. It was just unlucky that the ball you headed away landed back with one of their players. And just remember what a banger goal you shot in the same game", Maëlys says.
"We still lost though. So in the end it doesn't really matter that I scored", I shrug, "And one goal also doesn't help lighten my mood. I can't believe I let myself drag me down like this."

"Hey, you are completely allowed to feel upset about how the last games went. Just please don't isolate yourself from everyone. I'm always here for you to talk, trust me", Maëlys tells me and takes my hand again.
"I know. It's just hard to for me to open up to others, I guess", I say which makes her squeeze my hand.

"So how are you feeling now?", she asks me.
"I'm doing alright, I think. This morning when I called and told the gaffer that I wouldn't come in today I really had a headache. I'm not sick but I also can't tell where it's coming from. It's better now though", I explain.

"Maybe it's because you've been bottling up your emotions and didn't let them out. It can happen that when you push back your feelings and try to ignore them that it affects you physically. I've had something similar when I was younger. I experienced fever symptoms after Caleb went to prison. I pushed away my feelings about him and it took a toll on me physically. It was part of why I eventually ended up in therapy", she tells me.

"But by now I've learned how to deal with my emotions, especially the negative ones. And crying it out is very important even if it sounds stupid. I guess that's why you're feeling better now. And trust me, I don't like crying either but it helps you let go of those bottled up feelings", she adds along with a chuckle. Seeing her laugh makes a small smile find its way on my face too.

"Now look at you smiling", she says with a smile on her own face.
"And now get up. Enough sulking for today. I'm hungry and I bet what you haven't even yet either. So you're going to order us some food while I find myself one of your hoodies since you drowned my sweater in your tears", she jokes.

With a slight chuckle I watch her head upstairs before I walk over to the kitchen and get myself some takeout menus to choose from. A few minutes later Maëlys walks back downstairs changed into one of my hoodies.
"Here. Thought you might need this", she says as she hands me my phone.
Together we decide on where to get takeout from before I make a phone call and order the food.

Meanwhile Maëlys went back to the living room. As soon as I'm done with the call I make my way back to the couch finding her sitting there with her phone in her hand. When I sit down next to her I notice that she must be texting someone since her thumbs are dancing over the screen.

"Who are you texting?", I ask her while I lean my head to the side so it can rest on Maëlys' shoulder.
"My therapist. I asked her if we could postpone our next session so that you could tag along without having to cancel your training", she says making me look up at her.

"And before you get mad, you would've made an appointment with her if I asked you to, so I just did it myself. You need to at least give therapy a try. No one really wants to go to therapy, I know that. But please just come with me once and see how it works for you. If you afterwards say that it didn't help you I won't judge you. You're 18, so it's your own decision if you want to continue with sessions or not. But you'll never know if you don't try", she explains her actions.

"I'm not mad. I'm rather grateful that you're helping me. And I know how much believe you have in therapy so I guess it's my turn to trust you with that. Thank you for doing this for me", I tell her before I lift my head so I can kiss her lips.
"You're welcome", Maëlys replies with a smile after we pull away from the kiss again.

"Do you want to watch a movie while we wait for the food to arrive?", I ask her.
"Yeah, let's do that", she returns grabbing the remote from the coffee table and turns on the TV. We quickly decide on what to watch and press play so the movie can start.

Both of us then make ourselves comfortable. While I wrap my arms around her body I also lie my head down on her chest. Maëlys presses a small kiss on my forehead before her hand finds its way to my curls. She starts playing with them and scratches my head a little making me feel pretty relaxed. Before I can stop it a slight moan escapes my lips. My eyes slightly widen as I realize it hoping she didn't hear it.

"Well, seems like you like this", she teases with a giggle.
"Shut up", I say trying to hold back my own laughter, "Don't stop though."
"I wouldn't think of it", she chuckles.
Without another reply I just cuddle myself closer against her body and focus back on the movie.

———

your wait is over y'all, the next chapter is finished🤝🏼.
it did kinda hurt writing this chapter ngl.
it's honestly funny how my own writing makes me want to cry😭.
but i wanted to add a more emotional chapter
ig🤷🏼‍♀️.
also, i'm surprised open arms hasn't made it into this story earlier lol.
i love this song with my whole heart, it's so beautiful😮‍💨.
sza and travis scott never miss when they make a song together🤷🏼‍♀️.
anyways, i hope you enjoyed the chapter.
see you in the next one.
love yous💕