Chapter 14- Savior

9-1-1 Operator: 911 what's your emergency?

???: The restaurants on fire!

Ellie's POV-

So far today's shift was going well. It was still early in the morning so the lunch rush was just about to come in. Lunch rush is definitely my least favorite part of the day.... well that and dinner rush. Any rush really.

"Hi my name's Ellie and I'll be your server today. Can I get you started with anything to drink?" I asked my table. After getting their drink order, I made my way back to the kitchen to get their drinks.

"You doing okay sweetie?" I heard Lucille ask me.

"Yeah." I told her filling up the glasses with drinks.

"You don't look okay." George told me. He was back to work after being shot a while back.

"Yeah. I think I'm just extra tired today." I told them. "Maia's not sleeping great at night."

"Oh honey." Lucille said. "George, go get the poor girl a coffee."

"Lucille I'm okay. Really." I told her honestly. I didn't want them to fuss over me.

"No. You look dead tired on your feet. George is going to go get you a coffee. Aren't you George?"

"Yes dear." George said leaving the restaurant.

"You didn't have to do that." I told her.

"Honey, I know what sleep regression is like in babies. Trust me, you need all the caffeine you can get." Lucille told me. I finished filling all the drinks and delivered them to the table.

--------------------------

Lunch rush went as expected. I practically drank the coffee George got me like it was a shot of tequila, but it did seem to help. I had more energy, or at least that's what I kept telling myself. Going to the kitchen to put in another tables order I noticed someone there who's shouldn't be there.

"Hey. You're not supposed to be back here." I told the man. He looked up suddenly like I startled him.

"I uh- I got lost. Where's the bathroom?" He asked.

"Up at the front." I looked down at his hand and noticed he had a meat mallet. "Kenny, you back here?" I called for the chef. No response. "Kenny?" Looking down at the meat mallet I noticed what looked like blood. "Where's Kenny?"

"Haven't seen him." The man spoke.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to leave the kitchen." I told him. He stared down at me but I didn't move. "Now. Before I call the cops!"

"Alright. Calm down." He walked towards me and went to put the meat mallet on the counter beside me, but quickly had a change of direction and hit me over the head with it and everything went black.