Chapter 13- Maia turns one

Ellie's POV-

Ellie's POV-

It's been several weeks since Buck and I first kissed. We've been hanging out a lot since then. Whether it's at my place, his place, or Eddie's. I really adore him. I love the way he lights up when he sees Maia or Chris do something. I don't know what happened in his life but I love who he is and I love how he is so patient and kind with everything. 

Today was a very special day- although also a very sad day. My baby was turning one. How did this year go by so fast? We weren't doing anything too big but I did set up a cute little photo area to get some adorable photos of her. She loves going to the zoo so it's made after that theme. We were also planning on going to the zoo with Chris, Eddie, Luna, and Buck. 

I finished getting Maia into her birthday outfit when a knock sounded at the door. 

"Knock knock. Coming in." I heard Luna say from the doorway. 

"Hey Lu!" I greeted her. 

"There's the birthday girl!" She grabbed Maia from me and gave her the biggest hug. Maia let out a giggle. "Are you walking yet girl?" 

"Not yet, but she's close." I told her. As excited as I was for her to walk, I was nervous that she was going to hurt herself. Right now she's stable on her feet and can take a step with someone guiding and holding her but she hasn't stepped on her own yet. A second knock came to the door. 

"Where's my favorite girl?" I heard Buck from the other side. I laughed and opened the door. 

"I know you mean Maia and I know I shouldn't be offended but are you at all excited to see me?" I joked with Buck. 

"Of course I am." He gave my cheek a kiss before taking Maia from Luna and tossed her up in the air and catching her. Maia let out a huge laugh. The two of them together makes my heart swell in such a good way. 

"Hey Ellie." Eddie greeted me. 

"Hey Eddie. Hi Chris." 

"Are we going to the zoo now?" Chris whined to his dad. 

"In a minute Chris." Eddie told him. 

"Let me just get Maia's bottles and we'll be good to go." I told them all. 

--------------------------------------

Spending time at the zoo with all my favorite people was my new favorite memory. Buck and Luna jokingly fought over who Maia loved more and kept teasing each other like siblings would. Chris was very excited to see all the different animals. Eddie smiled watching his son enjoy the zoo. 

"You really like him don't you?" Eddie asked me. 

"I do." I told him. "I think Henry would too." 

"Henry would think he was a child." Eddie said honestly. 

"I mean he is." I laughed slightly. "But he's good to her." 

"He's good to you too." Eddie nudged me. "He adores you." 

"I adore him." 

"I know you do. The way you two have looked at each other since I first introduced you. It was like pure magic." Eddie told me. Buck came over to the two of us. 

"What are you two talking about?" He asked. 

"You." I smiled up at him. 

"Me?" 

"Yeah. You are so cute." 

"That's what you're talking about? Me being cute." Buck asked jokingly. 

"Well of course. You're the cutest." I told him. "Besides Maia and Chris of course." 

"Of course." Buck gave me a small kiss before going over to Chris and pointing out different animals. Life was good. I had a beautiful toddler daughter, an amazing guy who likes me, my best friend who is the best friend in the whole world, and my non biological brother who is my rock. 

----------------------------

Maia was so tired from her day at the zoo she passed out on the car ride home. Eddie, Chris, and Luna went back to their own respective homes while Buck came inside my house. 

"I'm gonna go put her down." I whispered to Buck moving towards Maia's crib and laying her down. I took a moment to stare at her. I never thought I would love someone so amazing as her. I am so proud to be her mother. Returning to the living room/kitchen Buck was leaning against the counter drinking a water. 

"She's still asleep?" He asked. 

"Yeah." I told him getting closer. "Thank you." 

"For what?"

"Being you." I told him looking up into his beautiful eyes. "You are incredible." He leaned down and kissed me. I kissed back. There was so much adoration in this kiss. Buck lifted me up and placed me on the kitchen counter. My hands went into his hair. I smiled into the kiss. He pulled away breathing hard. 

"You're amazing." He told me. 

"You are too." I continued to smile at him and leaned in to give him another kiss. 

-------------------------------------

Short chapter

Thank you for reading. 

Ellie's photo prop for photos.