Chapter 7- Eddie Begins

Eddie's POV-

Eddie's POV-

"Diaz. We gotta go." I put my helmet on my head and made my way out to the chopper. Shannon and Chris were on video call, asking me again about my leave. I'm still waiting to hear when I get to return home. Loading up into the chopper, we took off to go rescue injured soldiers.

"Diaz. Everything okay?" Callahan asked through the headset.

"All good." I gave a thumbs up. Giving my medallion a kiss we lifted off. Ready to go.

"Base, this is actual. Were 10 clicks out with wounded."

"Wow. From up here, it's kind of pretty. Kind of makes you forget your flying through valley of dead."

"Seriously Mills. No one needs that. Guys dying back here." Callahan told her.

"I didn't name it. All the dead guys did." Mills exclaimed back. I gave a small laugh and continued to work on the wounded solider. Henry and Max at my back, ready to give me whatever I needed.

"Dropped something." He told me pointing down to my necklace. "Saint Christopher medal. You religious?"

"Not really. Wife gave it to me after our son was born." I told him cutting off his shirt. "Not convinced it as any magical powers, just reminds me of him."

"That's why I got this." He pointed to his tattoo. "Anything happens to that, I got bigger problems."

"Three girls!? You must've been busy." I pointed out with a laugh. We continued flying for a short while before Callahan and Mills both yelled out

"INCOMING!" Next time I knew, we were on the ground, taking fire. I radioed for back up and went to try and shake awake the pilot. Next stop Callahan and Mills.

"Come on, we gotta try and get everyone behind those rocks over there."

"Copy." Mills dove into action. We both made it out.

"Mills. Cover me."

"Copy." She told me before I dove into action to get the pilot out. Gunshots were ringing all over the place. I went back to the helicopter to try and get the rest of the team out. Opening the door I shook Callahan awake.

"You good Callahan?" He was disoriented, that was a given, but he seemed functional enough to get out of the helicopter.

"Diaz."

"Keep low. Don't stop. Get to Mills." Mills yelled at me that she was low on ammo. I shot a guy who was gunning for her before throwing her another clip of ammo.

"Where are you going?"

"We got one more."

"Diaz, he's dead."