Chapter 11- What's Next? Pt.2

Buck's POV-

Buck's POV-

We found Sam. He was pinned by a giant beam. The problem was, so was another woman.

"Prodigal says we save whomever has the better chance. Eddie says that's the girl." Bobby tells me. "We can't move the beam. It's steel."

"Okay you're right. The beam is steel." I told them both. "But the skin on this thing isn't. The skin is stainless. That's much thinner. I could go outside I could cut a piece out and get the girl out. That would buy us enough time to get Sam out."

"No. This car hasn't been secured. That's why we're working on the inside." Bobby tells me. "If this thing topples we could ride it down, but if your on the outside-"

"Yeah I know." I cut him off. "I'd be crushed by a hundred tons of train car and I know that is a lot heavier than a firetruck but Bobby-"

"Buck stop!" Eddie yells. "Alright I know you made a promise."

"What promise?" Bobby asks. I took a breath.

"To his fiancé" I told him. "I promised I'd help bring him back to her."

"What?"

"Abby." Eddie said. "His finances Abby."

"Cap. This isn't just about that okay? He's a father."

"Buck. You can't just run into any dangerous situation and assume everything's going to be okay." Bobby said. "Because sometimes it's not and I am tired of being on the wrong side of those hospital rooms."

"Bobby! I am not Athena." Eddie interrupted our argument. We finally settled on me going to the outside of the train and cut a whole on the outside of the train car to get the girl out. Loading myself onto the rope I started to cut. The car started to creek. I got my balance back and cut the rest of the hole.

"Alright. Send up the basket." I yelled to the ground. Up came a basket for the girl. We got her securely inside and lowered her to the ground. We then moved to get Sam out and lowered him to the ground and safely onto a gurney.

"Hey man." Sam said. "Thank you."

"Buck. Thank you." Abby whispered.

"You're Buck?" Sam asked.

"Good to meet you Sam." I told him as they wheeled him off into the ambulance.

"You okay?" Eddie asked me.

"What's next?" I asked and walked away.

--------------------------------------

I knocked softly on Ellie's apartment door knowing Maia was asleep. It was late but Ellie texted me letting me know she was still awake if I wanted to stop by. She opened the door wearing some pajama shorts and a long t shirt.