17. Tear Her Skin

Start from the beginning

"Don't play dumb, Seungcheol," Kira spat, her hand forcefully pushing against his chest. "I'm referring to the message you sent me last night. You know, the one about your impending marriage and how we should stay away from each other. Tell me, does it make more sense now?" she demanded, her words laced with bitterness as she glared at him, frustration evident in every syllable.

Seungcheol sighed, recalling the drunken haze that led to him sending the message. "I was drunk," he replied, his tone nonchalant, seemingly unfazed by the consequences of his actions.

"So you didn't mean it?" she asked, a glimmer of hope shining in her eyes, her voice tinged with desperation.

"Kira, I am getting married," he began, his voice steady as he met her gaze with unwavering resolve. "And I think it's time for us to take a break. We're toxic for each other, and I don't believe either of us truly wants to continue like this. You know I won't change," he continued, his hands buried in his pockets as he spoke. "So why are you still holding on?"

"How can you just say that?" she cried out, her voice breaking with emotion as she pushed at his chest once more, her frustration evident in every movement. "And what's this about you getting married? Seungcheol, you gave me a ring, you promised me a future together for fuck's sake! What happened to us?" she questioned, her words laced with disbelief and betrayal as she glanced past him into the living room, her eyes falling on Jisoo sleeping peacefully on the sofa.

Seungcheol, noticing her gaze fixed on Jisoo, abruptly pushed her aside and promptly shut the door behind him.

"Is that the bitch you're cheating on me with?" she spat, a tear falling from her eye as he let out a long sigh.

"Kira, please. Let's talk later," he said, attempting to leave, but she caught his wrist just in time, forcing him to turn and face her.

"Look at me, Seungcheol," she demanded, her grip tight on his wrist as she compelled him to meet her eyes. "I refuse to give up on us, no matter what," she declared resolutely, her voice trembling with emotion. "And as for that fucking whore," she continued, her tone sharp with anger, "I'll make sure she faces consequences for daring to even glance at a man in a committed relationship," she vowed, not waiting for his response as she turned away, tears staining her cheeks.

He ran a hand through his hair in frustration, torn between the urge to go after her and the need to maintain some distance.

"What a fucking great way to start the day," he muttered to himself before stepping inside and shutting the door with a loud bang, immediately startling Jisoo awake.

His gaze shifted to her, noticing that he had woken her up with the noise.

As she opened her eyes, she was immediately enveloped by the scent of his cologne, strong and unmistakably close. It was then that she noticed his blazer draped over her.

She rose from the sofa with a sense of dizziness and disorientation, her movements unsteady from just having woken up. Seungcheol furrowed his brows, sensing that she wasn't yet aware of his presence in the room.

"Good morning," he mumbled, his voice low, causing her to flinch at the unexpected sound.

"Morning," Jisoo replied quietly, the events of last night flooding back to her memory.

All she desired in that moment was to be away from him, feeling her cheeks heat up in his presence.

"Go freshen up. I'll prepare breakfast," he replied, already moving to clean up the bottles on the table. His words made her turn to him with a frown, unsure of how to respond.