9. In the Line of Fire

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Jisoo slowly opened her eyes, sensing a hand moving across her stomach and trailing downward.

Despite the darkness, she could still discern his face.

"W-What are you doing?" she asked, her body trembling as she felt his cold hand tracing her lower stomach.

"I'm going to punish you, baby. Do you think I'll let you off the hook after what you did?" he whispered in his rough, raspy voice, his dark eyes reflecting nothing but lust and rage as they locked onto hers.

"P-Please, don't," she pleaded, feeling utterly helpless.

He brought his face closer to hers, causing her to shut her eyes tightly as she felt his cold hand tracing her body beneath her clothes.

"Please, no!" she screamed in fear, her eyes snapping open. It was just a dream.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Seungcheol, looking disoriented, rose from the sofa and approached her, noticing her heavy breaths.

Jisoo attempted to calm herself, placing a hand on her chest, feeling her heartbeat quicken.

Seungcheol settled down beside her, his movements slightly sluggish from just waking up. With one hand, he rubbed his face vigorously, as if trying to shake off the remnants of sleep.

He turned his gaze toward her, noticing the profound fear etched on her features, indicating she had experienced a nightmare.

Without hesitation, he reached for the glass of water resting on the nightstand, his movements gentle and reassuring.

Taking the glass, Seungcheol offered it to her, his voice a soft whisper. "Here, drink some water," he encouraged.

With a trembling hand, Jisoo accepted the glass, but Seungcheol didn't release his grip on it.

Sensing her shaky state, he gently guided her hand, assisting her in lifting the glass to her lips.

Holding it steady, he directed her to take small sips, ensuring she drank enough water to help calm her nerves.

"Are you alright?" he asked softly, placing the glass back on the nightstand.

"Yeah, just a nightmare," she whispered barely audibly, her voice tinged with residual fear.

"It's okay now," he reassured her, his gaze locking with hers in the dark room.

Her stomach began to rumble, a sign that she hadn't eaten anything the entire day, a fact that was now apparent to both of them.

Jisoo widened her eyes slightly, while his eyebrows shot up in amusement.

"Are you hungry?" he asked, attempting to mask a laugh behind his words.