I smile as I brush down the dress, happy that I look okay and I'm not hating the way I look.

There's a knock on my door, so I grab my Baccarat Rouge 540 and spray some before going to open the door.

"Hello darling!" Mom smiles when she sees me. She steps back and admires my outfit, and I can tell she's so excited I'm going out.

"Don't you look like a model," she laughs, "the boys are waiting downstairs. You look amazing." She lets me know.

"Thank you," I kiss her cheek, "I'm not sure when i'll be back, but I can let you know?" I ask her, putting my phone into my bag.

"No need, I trust you. I'll be going to bed soon." My mom smiles, patting me on the head.

"And if a certain someone needs to crash somewhere, he is always welcome." She smiles jokingly before gently grabbing my arm, "now go! Have fun." And with a kiss on the cheek she walks away.

I'm alone now, and I begin to feel nervous. I take in a big breath and adjust my dress again before starting down the stairs. I hear Luke and Reese in my kitchen- where they have always gone in the past.

I walk into the kitchen to see them eating some of the dinner mom made. When they look up, their mouths drop, and I feel self concious.

I brush at my dress, hoping I look okay. "Um, is this okay? I-I um, don't really know what else to wear.." my sentence fades off and i begin to itch at my arm nervously.

"Perfect," Reese speaks softly, and even he seems surprised at what he says, which is funny.

I smile, happy that I look okay, because when you look good you feel good.

"Yeah, you look hot!" Luke laughs as he shoves a chicken wing in his mouth. Reese's head whips toward Luke and he looks a little mad.

"Sorry..." Luke trails off, eating another wing. The boys are dressed up as well and look pretty good.

Reese is wearing a classic white tee shirt with some linen cream colored pants. He also has on a gold chain and a gold bracelet, alongside his Rolex watch. His shoes of course are the Fendi ones that his mom bought- for our very first date two years ago.

 His shoes of course are the Fendi ones that his mom bought- for our very first date two years ago

Luke is wearing a cream colored tee shirt with some worn blue jeans. He also has some green Adidas Sambas on which look really cool. He has some gold jewelry on as well.

I clap my hands, "so, we ready to go?" The boys nod and stand up, putting their empty plates in the sink

The boys follow me outside and we get into Reese's car. Luke is the only big drinker here, so Reese and I would take some turns driving in the past.

The drive is nice, some soft music playing with the top down on Reese's Bronco. Eventually we pull up to a beautiful house, and there's music and lights.

We all get out of the car and make our way up the stairs. I start to feel nervous. Hopefully, he isn't here. It's been two years since I've enjoyed going out- when I was actually able to go out.

My thoughts are interrupted when I feel a warm hand around my waist. I look up to see Reese standing behind me with a sharp look on his face- he looks mad. 

I bite my lip, not wanting to bother him and ask what's wrong, but he just guides us further into the party instead of saying anything. 

Eventually we end up in the kitchen against the counter, Reese stands behind me, his hand still around me.

My body is on fire, he's like a heater. I can feel his heart against my back and it just makes me miss him. He may be right next to me but I can't help it- I miss it.

"Okay?" He leans down and asks me in a low voice by my ear. I feel myself shiver a tiny bit and I really hope he doesn't notice.

"Y-yes," I bite my lip, I'm so embarrassing. I can feel him let out a laugh and I just know my face has turned red.

I stand, dancing a bit to the music, with Reese behind me. I want to go dance, but there's so many people that I'm trying to avoid.

I watch as people pass by, wondering where Luke went. In the past he's notorious for flirting with girls, so I wouldn't be surprised.

"Hey hey party people!" Luke crashes into the kitchen, banging his hip on the counter. He has some messed up hair and lipstick all over his face. I can tell he's a tiny bit tipsy.

"You okay?" Reese asks Luke, scanning him to make sure he's not injured or sick.

"Yea bro, I was just talking to Hannah- anyways," his train of thought is interrupted by a bowl of chips. He grabs a ton and shoves them in his mouth.

"You gonna dance, Summertime?" Luke pokes my nose and I laugh. "Um, I don't know." I shake my head, not wanting to upset him.

"Nah, you have to!" He replies happily before taking hold of my arm and dragging me, "please, let's go dance," he doesn't wait for my reply and brings me to the living room.

A really good song comes on and I begin to dance happily. I like to dance even when I'm sober because it's not like anyone is going to remember when they're all drunk.

The music blasts in my ears and I turn, dancing with Luke who holds our hands up. People look at us, probably thinking we're together- but we are definitely not. 

It may look like it, but in reality we are best friends. Luke and I swore that we would never ever have romantic feelings when we met, because we knew we are platonic soulmates. 

"Reese is staring," he whispers in my ear, laughing. Luke loves giving him a hard time- and of course Reese hates it. "Let's give him a show," Luke winks and I put my arms around his neck, dancing. He laughs, pushing my hair behind me and holding onto my arms.

A shove tries to move Luke off of me, but he's built pretty big. We look over to see my ex.

"What the fuck?" Brendan scoffs, looking between me and Luke with a frown, "went to the best friend now, huh?" Brendan laughs at me.

I look up at Luke who looks pretty mad. I can't see Reese anymore and I'm not even sure he's still here.

"Watch your mouth," Luke brings me behind him and pokes Brendan on the chest. 

"Fucking slut," Brendan storms towards me and I nervously step back. "God forbid you can do it with me, but him, and Reese? You sure get along real well." He yells at me. 

Luke shoves him back and I feel a hand on my shoulder. I pull away quickly, suddenly afraid. To my surprise Reese stands behind me and looks at me worriedly. 

"Stand behind," Reese says quietly to me and I listen backing up and standing more behind him. He walks up next to Luke and stares down at Brendan.

"Go," he says in an intimidating voice. Brendan just laughs at him but Reese doesn't seem to let up.

"Fuck off," Brendan scoffs and rolls his eyes. "So what now? You're just passing the slut aroun-" he's cut off with a swift punch to the jaw.

Brendan collapses to the ground like a tree.