chapter six - mall fun

Jenna
Sunday, November 14th, 1:02 pm

      "Should I wear a push up bra?" Olivia stood in the tall mirror of Y/n's bedroom — she was trying to determine how to catch Madison's attention without making it too obvious.

"I say go for it. She seems to like tits." Y/n blunts and chuckled at the small red blush forming on Liv's cheeks. "Wear the push up bra with that Mrs. Americana crop top I have and you will look sexy as fuck. Trust me." She threaded a needle through a thick blanket, she had been trying to sew a small seam back together for over an hour now.

"I guess that would work." Liv hesitantly grabs what Y/n said to along with some skinny jeans. "What do you think, Jenna?" I felt my mouth go numb — I've never been asked something like that — especially about a topic like this.

"Uh..." I hummed, not knowing what to say. Liv tilts her head at me with confusion while Y/n smirks. "I say push up bra." I finally stumbled out and both girls seemed satisfied with my answer. Y/n stood up and grabbed some slightly busted, black and white high top converse sneakers from her closet.

"You wouldn't be Olivia without your iconic sneakers." The Y/E/C girl giggled and lightly tossed the shoes into Liv's arms.

"Why are they iconic?" I couldn't help but ask.

Liv turns back to the mirror, opening her mouth to explain. "Because the only shoe brand I've worn since 5th grade are converse. So it's kinda like my thing, you know?" She smiled kindly at me before slipping the sneakers on. Y/n helped her with her jewelry and I'll admit, Olivia looked really gorgeous. She always does but in this moment, she looked even more than she usually does. Madison will love this.

Y/n was definitely a tomboy — she dresses like one, but at the same time, she could surprise us all and dress feminine. She was wearing camouflage colored cargo pants with a plain, black shirt. She added her usual Doc Martens to the look with a guitar pick as a pendant on a silver chain around her neck. She had some cute little microphone earrings and she had no makeup on, but she didn't need it anyway. She looked perfect the way she was. Just her natural beauty.

"Ready to go?" Olivia looked at the both of us and we nodded our head in unison. Today we would all be meeting at the mall — so far in this group I have learned that they love to do nonstop activities on the weekend since after school on most days throughout the week, they have work. I will need to find a job soon.

Y/n loved skateboarding, but she also liked driving. Liv claimed the front seat of her Volkswagen Jetta. It was a decent sized car and the color of it was a royal blue. She had received it for her 16th birthday a few months ago.

Driving over, Liv started to play some music by hooking her Spotify playlist up to the speaker of Y/n's car. We all jammed out to The Weekend and more. The most common song that Olivia loved playing was All Too Well by Taylor Swift.

When we finally arrived, Lance was waiting outside, scrolling on their phone. They wore some distressed, dark blue jeans that were cuffed at the ankles, a white tank top and a flannel over it. Beside them was Conan and Madison. The second we stepped out of the car, Madison's eyes immediately went over to Olivia. All three of us noticed that and shared a secret high five.

The plan was working.

We approached the rest of them, a little sad that Emma had a soccer match today and Gracie was at home writing a few songs. "Hey guys!" Conan greeted us with excitement, throwing his long arms around the rest of us to wrap us up in a hug.

"Let's go before they attempt to kick us out again." Lance joked and guided us inside Target first. Conan grabbed a car where Olivia jumped inside. I didn't fail to notice the way Madison passive-aggressively moved Conan out the way so she could push the cart instead. He noticed it too and sent me a knowing smirk.

I smiled to myself before I felt Y/n grabbing my hand, pulling me wit her to the toy section. We stopped right where the hot wheels and legos were. "Help me pick out a new Lego set, please. We'll build it together." She said, not looking at me, but addressing the statement towards me.

I blushed. "Sure." Her hands excitedly settled on my bicep, squeezing it and shaking my body as her eyes settle on the train set from Harry Potter.

"Ooh, I love that one!" Y/n smiled widely and she stopped shaking me before looking at me with a small smirk. "You work out, Jenna?" She examined my biceps again.

I blushed uncontrollably, clearing my throat so it didn't crack when I spoke. "Y-yes." Great, I fucking stuttered.

She giggled up at me and gave my arm one last squeeze before separating from my to grab the Lego set. Once Y/n was happy with what she got, we made our way back to where Madison and Olivia were, setting the lego set in Liv's lap.

I just knew today was going to get hectic.