Part 9: The way she makes me feel.

The singing voice in the woods was like a compass mapping out the grounds for me to follow. It was amazing how the voice echoed loudly in the forest while everything else was quiet. You would think that the forest will be alive with sounds of the little animals or birds that inhabit the trees but it was calm as a grave yard except for the singing voice. And the only thing that I could conclude is that even the animals are astonished and captured by the voice.

Finally I broke out into a clearing. I can't say for how long I walked, or which direction I walked or how farther from the Pack I have gotten. The voice was the only beacon that had everything inside me hooked. I felt like I was under a spell. And was released when I found myself out in the open and a beautiful dark lake glittering under the moon staring back at me.

There was a figure in the lake. A woman, or should I say a girl. She had her back to me, and has the longest straight black hair, her skin the fairest I have ever seen. A striking contrast to the night. She was washing herself as she sang.

Listening closely to her voice there was a sad note to it that made my heart sting and I found my eyes clouding with tears. I felt this aching need to take care of whatever was making her sad. I have never felt this need to protect someone this strongly as I felt at this moment while staring at her form entranced.

My heart was racing in my chest, and inside I had this feeling in my stomach that was making me sick but not in a bad way. The whole feeling I was feeling was novel to me, and if I was in a rational state I would have been appalled by what was happening but right now nothing matters except for the girl in the water.

I wanted to know who she is, and why she was singing such a sad song. Who hurt her?

All these things, among the other thousand and one questions I wanted to ask drove me to take a step towards her. My brain wasn't in control, my heart was.

The sound of a dried stick on the ground cracking when it felt the heavy weight of my foot pierced through her voice alerting her to my presence. She whirled around in fear while I froze in shock. It hadn't been my intention to scare her or alert her to my presence in such a rude manner.

"Who is there?!" She called out. Her soft feminine voice trembling with fear. I was partially hidden by the red maple tree few distance away from the lake so she couldn't see me. I wasn't feeling brave enough to make myself visible to her, so I remained hidden. To put it plainly I was terrified. Not by the girl but by the feeling her presence evokes in me. No one has ever made me feel the way she does and she is a stranger. The fact she could do that without me knowing who she is terrified the hell out of me. So I remained behind the spread out branch of the tree watching her.

I felt my heart pound louder in my chest as she waddled her way out of water making her whole form visible to my eyes. Her form was slender and beautiful. She had a slight our glass figure and slightly shaped hips. It was obvious she was a girl still coming into her own, but looking at her beauty you could tell what a stunning woman she will turn out to be.

I watched her dress with my breath hanging in my throat, my fingers slightly into a fist. The rest of me held so still that I could be statue. I didn't want to risk her knowing I was still here. It felt a little creepy spying on her like this but I couldn't get my body to leave. Anyways if I tried to leave that will only reveal my presence and I didn't want that.

"I know that you are still out there. Please show yourself," she asked pleasantly after she has gotten dressed. Her face was clearer to me now that she is out of water and I could recognize her. She was the servant girl that brought clothes to me earlier. Still getting used to the idea of slaves in this place.

Thought the damn thing had been abolished ages ago. Probably not when it came to the werewolf culture. Their life style here makes me wonder if we are still in the sixties.