~ Twenty-Six ~

En başından başla

"It's okay, I'm here alright." I speak, my hands instantly going to hold onto Alyssa's knees, rubbing my hands on top of them as I tried to get the girl to uncurl herself before I got an idea, slowly taking her right hand in mine. After grabbing it, I bring both of our hands to my own chest, making sure to hold her palm against my chest, covering her hand with my own.

"Can you feel my heartbeat?"

She nods slowly, her free hand coming to rub away at tears running down her cheeks, my heart breaks at the sight.

"Okay. I want you to breathe with me. Can you do that for me love?" I speak half English and half my native tongue.

"Y-Yeah." Alyssa hiccups, still trying to calm herself down as I inhale and exhale deeply, making sure to keep my hand pressed against hers on my chest. I use my other hand to rub small circles on her thigh.

"In and out... in and out, good girl baby." I speak softly, watching the other copy my movements, her breathing starting to even out as she begins to hiccup less and less. I take my hand form her thigh to her hair, brushing the loose strands behind her ears before taking the sleeve of my shirt in my hand and wiping at her tears gently. When I finish, Alyssa instantly moves towards me, burying herself into me as I wrap my arms around her. I instantly kiss her head, moving one of my hands to her neck to play with the hairs at her nape. Something that I knew depending on the mood would either calm her down or turn her on, this was definitely to calm her down.

The tension in her body begins to relax even more as I continue this for a few minutes, alternating between speaking to her softly and kissing the crown of her head. When I notice her completely stop shaking and her breathing not coming as rapidly anymore I pull away to look at her, her eyes were swollen but the tears were gone.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask in my native language watching the gears turn in Alyssa's head before she just lays her head back in the crook of my neck, turning slightly so I could still here her.

"It was a dream about my mom.... I haven't had one in so long.." I can hear the quiver in her voice and I already start to tell her that she didn't have to continue but she starts to talk again before I could even finish. "Her last few moments she was... she was so weak, and I was so, so young bit that image is literally etched into the crevices of my mind." She shudders into me, I start to play with the hairs at her nape again.

"But this time it just can't like, me seeing her in those final moments you know? It was like her at that time was speaking to a new adult me, and everything she was saying was so negative. I wouldn't make it, I'm wasting my time, blah blah blah." Her arms curl around me at this point, trying to get even closer then we already were, I smile slightly.

"I know she would have never done that, she was my number one friend, my rock, but it felt SO real. " Her voice comes out in mumble, however it easy to hear her when the room was as quiet as it was. "And then after that the dream sort of changed I guess? But instead it was you saying some of the same things."

I blink at that, slightly pulling away again, much to my girlfriends dismay as she whines, trying to curl back into me again.

"You know there's no way I would EVER say anything like that to you right?" She stays quiet, "Right?"

"Yeah.." Alyssa says quietly, the girl moving to mess with the strings of her pants now. I move my hand under her chin, gently making her look at me.