Choosing What Matters Most

Start from the beginning

She looked at the drawing and thought for a moment.

Abby: No. All they talk about is a yellow rabbit.

Y/N: Okay.

Abby: But... I can ask.

Y/N thought about it. On one hand, he didn't want to take Abby anywhere near that restaurant again. On the other, the spirits could help him find Garrett's abductor. Plus, they seemed to be fine with Abby anyways. Thinking about it more, he gave his response.

Y/N: Okay.

Y/N entered the pizzeria with Abby. The little girl practically ran inside, excited to return. She ran up to the show stage.

Y/N: Abby, wait.

Abby: Guys, I'm back!

She ran up to Freddy and hugged him. The animatronics turned their heads and squinted, showing glad expressions to see her as well. Y/N walked over to them, standing from a distance. They may be fine with Abby, but he was unsure about the side eye the fox was giving him.

Abby: I missed you guys.

Freddy extended his paw, giving Abby a high five. Bonnie turned and motioned to an item on the wall. It was her heart drawing, now taped to the wall behind him.

Y/N decided to walk back to the security office and put up his things. As he walked into the office, he placed down his bag and checked the monitors. He saw Abby still playing with the animatronics on the stage.

Suddenly, the screens began to flicker. Y/N lightly tapped one of them, trying to fix the screen. The stage appeared once again with the animatronics, but Abby was nowhere in sight. 

Y/N began to panic, thinking something had happened to her. He then noticed something else about the camera. He saw children. Multiple children. The room also looked more clean. Y/N then realized what he was looking at. It was footage from the pizzeria back in its heyday. Back when it was full of fun and laughter.

Y/N looked between the various screens. He saw happy parents and loud children running around. He then noticed one camera in particular. The screen had frozen. It showed a backstage door open. 

Y/N began to get an eerie feeling coming from the camera. He squinted to make out what he thought was a human being. He stopped when he realized what he was looking at. It was a large yellow rabbit. It appeared to be another mascot character. But this one was different. It was hunched in a pose the ordinary animatronics couldn't reach. It was more like a man in a suit than a robot. The robot was motioning people inside the door.

Y/N didn't know how long he stared at the image. He also didn't know when he fell asleep. It was as if some unseen force was making him feel drowsy. All he knew is that he blinked and soon found himself back in the familiar forest.

Y/N looked at the picnic table his family was eating at. His father held onto Garret and brought him over. They were all laughing. Happy. His mother then addressed her eldest son.

Mom: Don't just stand there. Dig in.

Y/N realized she was talking to him. She looked directly at him. This was wrong. This was how it was supposed to go, not what actually occurred.

Y/N: What the...

Mom: Sweetheart, what's wrong?

Y/N: This... this isn't... this isn't how it happened. This isn't real.