Abby's New Friends

Y/N was sitting in Steve Raglin's office. He was currently getting chewed out by Mr. Raglin who was commenting on the owner's anger at the break in.

Raglin: You could not, under any circumstance, have allowed this to happen! You had one job! 

Y/N: Sir, I'm sorry, but...

Raglin: No, no, no. I'm not done yet. Do you know what this place means to its owner? It's more than a disheveled building of brick and mortar. It is a temple to his past dreams and current achievements. An embodiment of his life's work and ideas only visionaries could think of. 

He spoke as if he had some familiarity not just with the building but with the owner. He was like a devout priest laying out his beliefs and faith. 

Raglin: And it should not be desecrated like a common house shed! 

Y/N: Sir, I'm sorry. But it was technically not on my shift. It was during the day and I made sure to lock the doors. 

The police had already investigated the place and found that one of the backdoors had been forcibly opened. However, they never found the culprits. Only signs of their tampering. Not even the security footage gave them anything.

Raglin shook his head and leaned against his desk. He let out a heavy sigh before looking over at Y/N.

Raglin: What do you expect me to do?

Y/N: Give me another chance. I desperately need this job. I'll make it right.

Mr. Raglin looked at him before exhaling.

Raglin: Okay. One more chance. And if you screw this up, then there's nothing I can do. I'll have a word with the owner. Let's hope he's as forgiving as I am. 

Y/N was on the phone, trying to call Max. He couldn't understand where she was. He kept getting sent directly to voicemail.

Y/N: Come on, Max. Come on.

He called again. Voicemail. Y/N hung up the phone and sighed. He looked over at Abby who was drawing. She looked up at him and smiled.

Y/N drove his car in front of the pizzeria. He parked and turned around to speak with Abby. The little girl was sitting in the backseat with a jacket and a bag full of supplies.

Y/N: I will work, and you will sleep, and under no circumstances are you gonna come out of my office. Do you understand?

Abby: I understand.

Abby looked out the window and smiled excitedly. Her eyes were focused on the large sign with the brown bear on it welcoming them in.

Y/N: This is not a vacation, okay? You're not here to have fun.

Abby: Okay.

They got out of the car and grabbed their things. Abby ran excitedly towards the door while Y/N tried to get her to slow down. He opened the door and they walked inside. 

They made their way into the main room and were met with a huge mess. Table and chairs were knocked over or broken. Pieces of glass covered the floor alongside plush toys and prize tokens. The posters on the walls were either torn or smashed out of their cases.

Abby: Woah. What happened?

Y/N looked around at the mess, knowing he'd have to clean it up.

Y/N: Give me your hand.