28.

Rome.

I was working in the shadows on purpose

I was working in the shadows on purpose. This shit didn't just happen all of a sudden. As if I didn't know the repercussions of doing things instead of talking. Dancing around the truth was easier than exposing yourself for a person that didn't remember you existed. Or someone you promised who was already dead.

That was crazy.

How was I going to tell him that I been helping him all these years. Even helped him get put on knowing he'd already proved himself. Sadly this was men's logic. Thinking they're helping but really just choosing the less obvious choice.

Nephew was a demon growing up. Regardless if I helped or not, he barely needed me. But as he grew shit got much more complicated. On his end of course.

Granted he did do the work, don't get me wrong. He just had the wrong exposure. Of course dope-boys were the bottom of the barrel, but as he got older I was able to gain more connections without exploiting myself in the process.

The connect with Rodrigo was on his own. Which almost fucked him. Although I was looking for Don for months trying to track every notion without being noticed made it more fucked up. Don was planning on running future events for other mafias including myself. Of course when you think you're hot shit, you think the shit starts to smell differently.

Don thought he could be the one and only man without sharing the piece of the pie. No. The only way you win is to share that shit. But to the right people. Not necessarily people you could trust— but people who had a business mindset. A team that knew if this shit would be generational, there could be no dumb asses nor people that could express emotion.

Emotions in this business made shit easy for others but harder for you. Women were a danger when it came to your heart. Yes whores come and go, but theirs only one woman that could mindfuck a man without an issue. Whether you were with them or not.

"How the fuck do I tell this grown ass man that I could've fucked his whole shit up and his dad told me to take care of him the best way I could? I'm white as hell. Never had kids nor a woman. What the fuckkk?" My mind was mentally blown. Or maybe my high.

"I think you should just say it. The worst that could happen is you die?" My assistant Jody said sarcastically. Mamí was bad.