Chapter 1 - Beginnings

Începe de la început

Lauren hopped off his bike, locking the wheels after putting it in one of those bike racks. “Hope it doesn't get stolen again, for the... third time,” Lauren groaned a little, glancing around before begrudgingly leaving and entering the school's yard. He happily waved at anybody who passed by, some of them even waved back! How nice! All except one person... Vincent Dire, Lauren waved at him, of course! He's waved at Vincent almost every day now! Though he never gets one back, in fact he just got a glare and a scowl as Vincent walked off. “... He's never gunna do it, dude,” Someone said, snickering. “AH!”

Lauren jumped back, though quickly calmed down upon seeing it was heron, one of Jessica's friends. “Sorry, did I scare ya, Red?” He continued snickering. Heron Lovett was... the local jokester, the prankster, the scary goth guy who always seems high! Probably because he is. He scares Lauren sometimes. Lauren shakes his head, awkwardly chuckling. “No, I just wasn't expecting to see you! Uh, your makeup stuff isn't exactly friendly... appearing?” Lauren shrugged, looking up at him. “It's cause' it's not meant to look friendly, ya dork!” He said, wrapping an arm around Lauren, much to his dismay. “Ahem, do... you know where Jessica is?” He said, trying to slip out of Heron's grip. Who knew stoners had such tight holds! “Jess? Jesse? Jessicka? Yeah, she's posting like a few dozen Instagram stories right now! Gotta let everybody know she's gonna be SO busy for summer.” He giggled.

“Still has enough free time to post every two seconds, though,” He added, snickering seemingly endlessly. “You have endless free time to smoke weed in the woods, don't come for me now, Heron,” Someone ELSE said, scaring the living daylights out of the two boys. “HOLY SHIT.” Heron snapped around, nearly dropping Lauren in the process. Behind them was, of course, Jessica! Jessica Lampton, to be specific. “And can you PLEASE not drop my boyfriend? He's very fragile,” She said, taking Lauren from Heron. Jessica was born to be in the spotlight, if you'd ask anybody. She was internet famous, moderately gorgeous, AND she wasn't a massive bitch! What a delight!

“It's practically a job!” She said, adding more to her defense. Heron shrugged at that, smiling. “Yeah, yeah, I know! We've already went over this like ten times... Still doesn't mean I can't be annoyed, though! Seriously, you blow up my notifications like every 20 minutes,” Jessica shrugged herself. “Just mute them, then,” She then turned to Lauren. “Hey, Red. Got any 'special' summer plans this year?” Lauren nodded, to which that turned into some sort of weird half nod. “I haven't planned anything yet, but... but I have ideas! Lots of them! That and I got out of going to that one camp, so! Even better!” He said excitedly.

“Ugh, can't imagine being stuck at some stuffy camp for all summer... Good on you, man! Though remind me, why do we call him 'Red' again? I forgot,” Jessica rolled her eyes, groaning as she resisted the urge to facepalm, or hit his face with her palm. “The hoodie, remember? He wore that red hoodie like... almost every day for a year in middle school? We called him 'little red riding hood' originally, but we also got lazy, so that switched to red after like... a day?” She explained. Heron put a hand to his chin, grinning. “Yeah, okay, I remember now! It's SO hard to remember shit when you're high on weed and blasting Lady Gaga all day,” He chuckled, eliciting a response from Lauren. “My mom said Lady Gaga was satanic... and that weed was the devil's lettuce,”

Cue a small awkward pause from Jessica and Heron. “Yeah, well, weed isn't lettuce, so that's bullshit. And also your parents are the same people who think Pokémon is satanic,” Heron retorted, putting his hands on his hips. “... It isn't???” Now Jessica facepalms, understandably. “Look Red it's fine being Christian and all, but you REALLY gotta understand your parents are kinda extremists! Remember when my family came over for dinner, and they tested to see if we were demons by putting a ton of garlic in the food?” Jessica said. “The funny part is, that's for vampires! Not demons!” Heron laughed, his snickering resuming once more. “... So there's a CHANCE you guys are de-- No, I'm kidding! I hope?” Lauren crossed his arms. “I don't know! They've always wanted the best for me, and I've gone through life fine so far, right?”

Jessica stayed silent for a second. “... You're 18 and unbelievably sheltered, so... no! Not really!” Lauren frowned, looking down. “Look, it's not THAT bad! Just take your parent's words with a grain of salt!” She reassured, patting him on the head. “Oh, alright, uhm, thanks! I appreciate the advice!” Lauren paused, as the three spotted Vincent storming out of the school's yard. “Jeez, what pissed him off this time?” She rolled her eyes. “Well, if there is ONE plan I have fully set in my mind!” He said, seeming quite determined. “It's getting Vincent to wave back at me!!!” Jessica raised an eyebrow, as did Heron. “Wait, you STILL haven't stopped doing that??”

Lauren shook his head, as the school bell rang. “... Whatever, I will wish you luck regardless because I am a good girlfriend! We'll see you later, Red, we gotta head to class.” Lauren nodded. “Yep! Me too, See you guys later!” The three separated, all heading for their respective classes, before they get yelled at.

chapter 2 - the bakery, coming soon