41 : Everyday I fall a lil bit more in love with him...

Start from the beginning

A light smile appeared on his lips but he tried suppressing it “I am not your bodyguard.”

“I mean the way you are being all possessive these days, I am sure as hell you would go to any extent to protect me.”

His eyes remained on me. I smiled and scanned the menu while he was lost in his thoughts. When I turned to him, he was still staring at me. I snapped my fingers to get his attention. 

“Suggest something which will not burn my throat.”

“Mocktails?”

“No. Undiluted drinks.”

“Okay.” He was about to place the orders but I stopped him. 

“Let's go downstairs.”

He shook his head “The crowd is not healthy.”

“C'mon Xavier. We are here to enjoy, not judge the crowd.” I stood up and held his hand “Please.” He sighed and stood up. 

A waiter came to him, asking him why he was leaving. He just showed his hand to him to stop.

Damn, he is arrogant. 

“You love to flex your money, don't you?” I asked. 

While walking down the stairs he replied “Why wouldn't I? Being rich is cool, it makes you feel powerful.”

I just shook my head. 

We went to the bar counter, and he ordered some drinks for us. The bartender placed two vodka shots on the counter. 

“Since you want to get drunk, have it in one go.” 

I smiled, he was really supporting my decision of getting drunk. He took the shot in one go. 

“See, it wasn't that bad.”

I picked up the glass and took the shot in one go. It felt like my throat was burning and the taste sucked. 

I hid my face on his shoulder “Yuck.”

“How was it?”

“Everything in me is burning.”

He chuckled “One more?”

I nodded. 

The bartender provided us another drink and we had the shots together. 

I shook my head, closing my eyes shut, scrunching my nose at the taste “I love it!”

This time I signalled to the bartender showing him one finger, which is one more please. The bartender looked at Xavier once for his permission and he gave a nod. 

And like that I had seven shots, again I signalled the bartender for another one. He was about to give one but Xavier stopped him. 

“No! Why?” I whined. 

“Because you are half drunk.”

“No I am not.”

“Well denial is the first phase.” He said and signalled something to the bartender. 

“If I am not drunk then what do you expect me to say?”

He shrugged at the same time the bartender served him a glass of something. I am damn sure this is rum. 

He was drinking it slowly and my hands were begging me to snatch the drink from him and gulp it down. 

I made puppy eyes to the bartender of course when Xavier was too busy on his phone. He just smiled and nodded.