5. "Let Ziya meet her Mr. Rude."

I heard fast footsteps coming towards my office cabin

I heard fast footsteps coming towards my office cabin. They directly barged inside without even knocking.

"Have you seen the news?" Jay questioned exasperated. I ignored him, continuing to sign the documents. He thumped the desk with his hands. "It's fucking important!"

I leaned back in the chair, cranking my neck hard over. I could see the sky from my office window, delft-blue and cloudless and so bright it looked solid.

I passed him a bored gaze, rasing my eyebrows.

"Prabhakar Nandy has got arrested by the CBI." He stated gritting his teeth. My eyes darkened hearing the news. "How?" The fingers brushed my lips as I inquired in an impassive tone.

Prabhakar Nandy, the Chief Minister of Karnataka is our one of the main pawn that helps us in illegal extortion of iron ore in the state.

"The opposition party accusations and all that shit." He heaved a sigh, taking a seat on the chair. He gulped water down his throat. Putting the glass with a thud on the desk, he questioned, "What the fuck we gonna do now? We can't mine in Bellary now! MMTC in Dubai is gonna suck our heads for the delay."

"You can't be fucking calm in this situation." He raised his eyebrows waiting for my response.

I cracked my knuckles, resuming to sign the documents. I wasn't calm. I was infuriated. It's gonna make us lose huge share of our profits. Who the fuck even dare to mess up with my business?

He got worked up as he snatched the pen from my hand hitting it on the wall. "You fucker! I'm telling you something."

I gazed at him impassively.

He opened his mouth again to speak but another moron barged in through the door without knocking. "Woah! You both having fun without me? Not fair!" He pouted moving his gaze between both of us.

He approached Jay slinging an arm on his shoulder. "Why are you going bananas?" He questioned, wiggling his eyebrows playfully. Jay snapped his face towards him, furrowing his eyebrows,"What bananas?"

"You dont know bananas?" He faked surprise putting a hand on his chest.

"I swear Lakshya if it's some of your double meaning jokes I gotta punch you hard!"

Lakshya chuckled patting his shoulder. "Don't worry Jay Bhai, I was just only asking why are you fuming. And by the way, I just heard that Prabhakar Nandy got arrested."

I stood from my seat, placing a cigarette between my lips. I shuffled through my pocket in my trousers until my fingers found a cool metal box. I pulled it out. My thumb ran itself down the side of the box, lightening the cigar. The bittersweet odor instantly danced around me. The breathes grew relaxing with the puff of smoke.

"Are you seriously gonna smoke while admiring the city beneath you in this situation?"

I glanced back at Jay flickering the ciggerate in the dustbin. "Then what the fuck do you think I gotta do." I said in a monotonous tone.