v. cancelled.

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒
kiara's pov.

❝ 📓🪷♟️🌷🦭 ❞

"HE CANCELLED. Connor fucking cancelled on me." I say angrily, and Cleo's jaw drops.

"What? Why the fuck did he cancel!" She shouts, getting up from my bed.

The two of us had decided to get ready together since Cleo was no longer riding with Connor, and we still wanted to talk beforehand. We invited Athena, but she claimed she was getting ready with Brady, so we just let her be.

"He apparently forgot to cancel on Claire, so he thought I'd be more understanding if he cancels on me." I explain, annoyance still evident in my tone.

"I'm so sorry, Kia. I didn't think he'd do that to you." She mumbles, and I shrug.

"It's fine. I'm pissed, but if I was Claire and he cancelled on me, I'd be more upset since she was his original date." I try to defend Connor, but she gives me a look.

"Don't stand up for his sorry ass, Kiara. He may be my best friend, but so are you. Just have fun without thinking about him tonight." She says seriously. "You don't need Connor, he's missing out anyways."

I nod. "You're right. I'll just forget about him at the party, not like he's gonna talk to me anyways."

"Oh, and my date may be a little controversial, but..." Cleo trails off. "I'm going with Alana."

"What? Alana as in the one who used to be Brady's friend?" I ask, and Cleo nods. "Why are you going with her? She and Brady fell out hellas like forever ago."

"She's cute." Cleo shrugs. "I didn't know she was into girls, but she asked me, so it's whatever. I wanna get to know her."

"Maybe I need to explore girls. I know I'm bisexual, but i unfortunately have a male lean." I sigh, and Cleo snorts.

"More like you're only into Connor. Other than him, the majority of your crushes have been females." She reminds, and I shrug.

"I guess you're right, I'm not sure why I'm so into him anyways. He doesn't even like me." I try to play it off as a joke, but she frowns.

"He could, give him time to get to know you!" She says encouragingly. "It'd be easier if you were actually yourself around him, but you're always a shell of emotions around him."

"I try! And it's easier over text to be normal about it. He's not as scary when I can't see him." I defend myself. "He just intimidates me."

She rolls her eyes in a teasing way. "What, because he's just so fine?"

I nod. "Exactly. You wouldn't get it, you're gay."

"I can understand when a man is conventionally attractive, but connor is just not." She deadpans.

"Yes he is!" I argue, but I shut my mouth after she raises an eyebrow at me.

"You like him so much it's weird." She makes a disgusted face. "Women are much hotter."

"Whatever! Let's just get ready, please. I don't wanna talk about Connor anymore." I mutter, remembering that the asshole cancelled on me.

She nods, taking the hint that I don't wanna think about Connor and his stupid date with Claire.

Why is she better than me? Is it because she's blonde? Does he only like blondes? I wish I was good enough for his standards...

After I get my outfit on, Cleo and I take a few pictures before she tells me Alana's here to pick her up, so I let her leave.

I sigh as I sit down on my bed, scrolling through Instagram. Of course I stumble across a post connor made 30 minutes ago, his hand around Claire's waist as she kisses him on the cheek.

Fuck you. Fuck both of them, actually. I can't believe he cancelled on me.

I sigh angrily as I throw my phone down on my bed. Tears well up in my eyes. Why doesn't he just like me back? Am I not good enough?

I hate being like this. I hate that I'm comparing myself to her, but I like the post anyways, leaving a comment about how cute they are.

Unfortunately for me, they do look good together. Connor almost instantly answers my comment saying thanks in reply to my cutiesss comment.

I get a message from my trio group chat of Athena, Cleo and I.

❝ 📓🪷♟️🌷🦭 ❞

IMESSAGE!

cleopatra 🐪 — cleo
athena 👀 — athena
kikiwaka 🤡 — kiara

cleopatra 🐪
wtf is connors deal.

did y'all see that post w
claire??

athena 👀
yeah I kinda thought it was
crazy. isnt he going with kia
tonight?

kikiwaka 🤡
not anymore. he cancelled on
me last minute for claire

athena 👀
wtf... I'm so sorry

kikiwaka 🤡
it's whatever ig

cleopatra 🐪
it's not whatever.

he's being an asshole, kiara.

kikiwaka 🤡
well yeah, but I can't exactly
get back at him for canceling.

athena 👀
make him wish he didn't
cancel!

kikiwaka 🤡
how

athena 👀
show him you don't need him
find another boy to entertain

just for tonight at least! there's
so many hot options

and even if you can't find one,
I know a boy who'll probably
be up to it!

kikiwaka 🤡
I'll try

I just hope I don't do smth
stupid and embarrass myself

cleopatra 🐪
you won't

who gaf abt connor ur hot &
u know it

kikiwaka 🤡
I love u guys sm

I'll see you in a few

athena 👀
see u there kia 🤍

❝ 📓🪷♟️🌷🦭 ❞

JENNA YAPS!

okay so ik this chapter is short, but I'm planning on writing a really long chapter for the next one, so don't worry!

I still can't believe he cancelled on her. 😒 (oops)

the party is definitely going to be an interesting chapter!