3: A Stonehenge Of Victory

Renegade's POV.

Today's the day, where they would teach us about the crackerjacks before the reaping tommorow.

This is always the session, before the games, for us to remember the Ministry fight the rebels to have us the peace that give us the life what we have now.

We gather around the mayor's building for a speech, before we go to museum, each county have a museum, which have their Crackerjacks, and history of Atlas Hawk.

"This year's grim reaper game, is so special to our President. President Smar, will announce something tommorow, that I know we will love" sinungaling.

"Now it's 28th year anniversary of our lives, when the Ministry fight the rebels, for us to give peace. For us to give a new life, ending it tommorow may the stars align with you all" The mayor step down and we gather around sa harap ng museum. And inasist kami ng isang tour guide.

"Atlas Hawk have 27 Crackerjacks, and each county already have one or more" pumasok na kami, and doon naka sabit lahat ng mga pictures ng mga nanalo sa grim reaper.

"In our fifteen counties, everyone have one or more Crackerjacks, which serve them as a mentor, but unfortunately our County, don't have one mentor, because Emma Clitcher, flee away from us" said the tour guide.

"The first winner of the game is Jean Loiwis, which from County 5: Taurus, and this is the reason why we have a famous quote called, may the stars align with you"

I look at her, I think nasa 40 years old na siya ngayon, and ang pag kaka-alam ko is 13 year's old siya nung nanalo sa laro, one of the youngest Crackerjacks to win, she have brown eyes and a blond hair. Alam ko din siya na ang mentor ng County 5 ngayon.

"Second winner we have... Liam Piane, from county 9: Queyntine, unfortunately, Liam died because of cancer" everybody looks so sad. Like parang hindi namin to ginagawa taon-taon.

"Third winner... Fourth winner... Fifth winner, etc..." there are so much winners, I'm bored.

"Fifteen winner is Henna Lookier from County 12: Askerdz, and our sixteen winner: our own winner and only one winner from our county 14: Dugler" I look at the woman as look at she's looking at me.

There's something sa picture para bang hindi siya masaya, katulad ng mga ibang nanalo na winner, parang pinag halong lungkot at galit sa mga mata niya.

"Emma Clitcher, winner of 16th grim reaper game, after years when she win, she flee in to the woods. Other says she's already dead, and haunting people in the woods. But other says that she still alive and roaming around the woods"

The folktales are just confusing as I am right now, she's a mysterious crazy woman. No one knows why she left our County, and nag laho nalang siya na para bang bula.

Others said, may ginawa daw ang Ministry sakanya para matakot siya ng ganon, but still no one knows why she left, Emma Clitcher is still remains a mystery and a haunted folktale.

"I bet isa na siyang white lady na gumagala kung saan saan, sa kakahuyan" bulong ng mga katabi ko.

But there's something in the picture, something happened and she's the only one who knows it, maybe the Ministry too.

Pero sino namang tao ang tatakbo ng ganun ganun nalang, left your families behind and walang paramdam na kung ano man.

"Boo!!" Someone scared me, kaya napa flinch ako, and it's Prate.

"Ano kaba! Kapag ako sumigaw dito" sabi ko, at tumawa lang siya.

Hindi ko na siya napansin kanina dahil sobrang busy din ako sa alapaap. Ang mga kapatid ko ay nasa school kaya wala sila dito ngayon sa ceremony of called Stonehenge Of Victory.

Ilang oras pa, we learn more about those Crackerjacks, and some of them how they play and how they win. Like Emma Clitcher, says that she act a little bit of weakling, because of her beautiful face and a body, some said she wouldn't last and hour in that arena.

Her tactic is too act like a weakling, and gulatin ang lahat sa mismong laro, her mentor is a private mentor from the capitol, cause before her we don't have a Crackerjack, kaya ang Ministry ang nag pro-provide ng mentor namin.

And now since she flee, ang magiging mentor ng kung sino man ang mag lalaro ngayong taon ay from Ministry pa din. Everyone in their county has a mentor, one or two mentors.

Pero ang county lang namin ang wala. How sad na sa mga nakaraang games ay tinatawag kaming pinakamahinang county of all 15 counties, because wala kaming professional mentor na nag laro na mismo sa game.

Minsan we ended up, being slash before the competition, rare mapa-sama ang county namin sa top 5 players. We need a redemption.

"And lastly our reigning Crackerjack, Kiola Jeam, who ever wins this years game, she will be the one who will crowned it, isn't it exciting?" Said the tour guide, but no one answers.

After a long day, they let us all be free, kasi bukas na ang reaping and they want us to enjoy our remaining days if ever we are the one get picked.

Pumunta ako sa isang candy store kasi gusto kong dalhan ng pasalubong ang mga kapatid ko, and I know they are scared so much tomorrow cause they can be reaped.

But I am making sure they will not get reaped. I buy two packs of sweets and headed home.

When I get home I see them watching television, and they see me, they greet me and I gave them the candies, sobra sila sa tuwa.

Nakaka lungkot lang dahil bukas, someone destiny will be picked, either his or her destiny would be death or would be win.

And I am thinking, who's destiny would get picked? No one knows, cause the stars will align for you, if you are the one.