His Friends Are Rude To You When He's Not Around - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Hey baby" he breathily whispered, nuzzling his face into my neck, lashes tickling my skin.

"Hi." I responded, raising my hand to stroke his cheek, stubble rough against my fingers. He leaned into my touch, swaying us back and forth slowly.

"I love you." He spoke, sincerely and honestly, causing butterflies to swarm in my stomach. I lived for moments like these, when he would just hold me and speak words of love.

"I love you more." I turned my head slightly and kissed his nose, widening his beautiful smile.

"Doubt it."

"You're so cheesy." I pretended I didn't love it, making him snort with laughter, head still buried in the nape of my neck, ear pressed to my shoulder, bare from where my oversized shirt didn't cover.

"You love it." I didn't deny his response instead twisting around to face him, our noses bumping. He gave me cute eskimo kisses and I chuckled softly, pressing my lips to his. We kissed for a while, against the kitchen counter, lost in one and other. Harry's tongue traced mine so gently, eyes fluttered closed as we breathed each other in. "Baby?"

"Hm?" I hummed against his lips and he pulled away slightly, smiling.

"The guys will be here soon." I tried not to scowl. "Are you staying?"

"Huh?" I grunted, confused.

"Do you want to stay? I mean, you'll probably be bored with five guys."

I pursed my lips, deliberating. Then common sense took over. "I can't, I have a paper to write. I'll leave you guys alone, though. Don't wanna spoil your guys' night."

Harry kissed me roughly, taking me by surprise. "You're the best. I love you so much."

"I know."

*

Harry's friends had been here for about an hour, and I was holed up in my room, not willing to see any of them. I hadn't even bothered saying hi, just ran up the stairs when I heard the doorbell ring. Harry had laughed at me, unaware of why I was in such a haste to escape the pieces of shit he calls 'friends'.

I was about a quarter of my way through the essay, having started over twice and rewritten other bits and pieces, stopping to save my work now and then. My stomach rumbled, and I decided to sneak to the kitchen for a snack. Tip-toeing down the stairs, I made sure I didn't step where I knew we had faulty floorboards that creaked annoyingly. I entered the kitchen quietly, heart falling when I saw Kevin standing in front of the fridge, rummaging for a snack. He turned when he heard me come in, face going from blank to a sinister smile.

"Y/N," He mused, chuckling. "I didn't know you were here."

"I-I was upstairs." I stammered, hating myself for getting nervous. Kevin intimidated me the most out of all the boys with his looming height and large muscles. He was built like a tank, and that frightened me due to his behaviour towards me.

"Harry never mentioned anything," he contemplated. "Did you say anything to him?" He stepped closer to me and I took a step back, bumping into the counter Harry and I had been making out against only an hour ago.

"You wouldn't be in this house if I did." I spat, turning away from him, opening the cupboard, peering inside to see what food it contained.

"Don't be so sure about that." Kevin laughed deeply. "Harry and I have been friends for years. You really think he'd forget about us for you?"

"Yes." I spoke confidently, though my chest hurt at the thought of Harry putting his friends before me when they were in the wrong, or at all. Grabbing a packet of prawn cocktail crisps, I was about to leave the kitchen when Kevin talked again.